By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WII U true failure is not the console or games.

Great revelation. This is the first time anyway has said that the Gamepad is the worst part of the Wii U.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
EricFabian said:

1. For me is not

2. $30 because it was bundled. And no, Gamepad is better. Is just because I'm a hipster and I like to play MH3 with everything. So I use Pro Controller, Gamepad and Headset

1. VGC or neogaf dont represent the actual gamers. If it presented actual gamers then PS4 might have 95% market share, microsoft would have declared bankruptcy and nintendo will be selling 3DS like new iphones. "Majority of gamers" (including me) thinks it is distracting. If you like it then kudos. But hey, in the end its average gamers are most important.

2. Lol. Whatevery you say bro but above mentioned reasoning works here also. pro controller is one of the best controller ever produced. And "average" gamers dislike the tablet controller. And develoeprs dislike it even more.

Have you got some evidence to back up what the "average" gamer actually thinks of the gamepad?

Based on the sales of Wii U, I'd say the "average" gamer hasn't had much of a chance to make a decision either way.

Scoobes said:
daredevil.shark said:

1. VGC or neogaf dont represent the actual gamers. If it presented actual gamers then PS4 might have 95% market share, microsoft would have declared bankruptcy and nintendo will be selling 3DS like new iphones. "Majority of gamers" (including me) thinks it is distracting. If you like it then kudos. But hey, in the end its average gamers are most important.

2. Lol. Whatevery you say bro but above mentioned reasoning works here also. pro controller is one of the best controller ever produced. And "average" gamers dislike the tablet controller. And develoeprs dislike it even more.

Have you got some evidence to back up what the "average" gamer actually thinks of the gamepad?

Based on the sales of Wii U, I'd say the "average" gamer hasn't had much of a chance to make a decision either way.

1. Lol. Yes. I know a few local games shops here in my country. And I have good relation with them. Sometimes we go there not just to buy but also chichat. We see average people. And somethimes we see really funny stuff. Example, A 10-11 year old kid came with his mother and elder sister. He started saying to shoponwer, "Uncle do you have watch dogs for ps3? I need it. It has exclusive gameplay." I was just laughing at his attitude and talking style. BTW in my country games are sold without strict regulation. So these kids can buy mature games quite easily.

2. And most of these people thinks Wii U is an expansion of Wii.

3. Sales number never lie. Wii U is a commercial failure. Gamers, developers hate the tabet. But nintendo is stubborn. And they are learning their lesson.

amak11 said:

You never touch it. Besides a pad-less sku is out of the question. A smaller pad SKU is a possibility because of the new 3DS

I never said a pad-less SKU was happening. I said that the gamepad isn't an integral part of the Wii U, because it isn't. I don't think we're seeing a gamepadless sku either. Not with amiibo. Though they could just put an NFC reader on the Pro controller.

This thread:

"I hate the Gamepad and my opinion is fact."

Around the Network
BeElite said:

Its the god damn pad.

I played Super mario bros u and hated it, Pikmen was ok but now playing Kart and Zombie U i hate em.  Are all these games bad... Is it the games, nope its the damn weirdo controler its freaking awful.  I can't stand playing with the freaking pad especially after putting in serious time with the DS4.  I cant imagine handing that weird bulky thing over to anyone and them really enjoying playing with it, this thing seriosuly is the one true failure of the wiiu that can easily be rectified and doing so might even benefit the console with a new cheapest sku.

No doubt in my mind people would like the wiiu better and it would sale better if they made a pad less sku.  Even as a companion console to the PS4 or PC this things sales potential is hampred by a single decision that clearly did not pan out by can and should be recified asap. 

Ill have to buy a 3rd party add on and hopefully ican use my Ds4 to play U games, casue for now i refuse to buy a ninty controller. Extra 50 from me for this fak up they aint getting.  Seriously they went after hardcore gamers with that pad thing... wtf were they thinking.  

i agree it would sell better if it didnt have the gamepad but that would also be because it would be cheaper, if you dont like the gamepad play with the procontroller thats what i did the whole time i played smbu and its the only way i play MK8 zelda windwaker and DKC

daredevil.shark said:
Scoobes said:

1. Lol. Yes. I know a few local games shops here in my country. And I have good relation with them. Sometimes we go there not just to buy but also chichat. We see average people. And somethimes we see really funny stuff. Example, A 10-11 year old kid came with his mother and elder sister. He started saying to shoponwer, "Uncle do you have watch dogs for ps3? I need it. It has exclusive gameplay." I was just laughing at his attitude and talking style. BTW in my country games are sold without strict regulation. So these kids can buy mature games quite easily.

2. And most of these people thinks Wii U is an expansion of Wii.

3. Sales number never lie. Wii U is a commercial failure. Gamers, developers hate the tabet. But nintendo is stubborn. And they are learning their lesson.

OK, so point 1 is circumstantial and incredibly limited to your local populace. It's hardly representative of the "average" gamer from a global perspective (average hand size in your region may differ from people in another continent for instance), although it may give some limited insight into the local population in your country. When I said evidence, I was thinking of somthing more in line with some large survey correlating average playtime to gamepad preference or some other form of data analysis.

Point 2 is kinda irrelevant as that says more about Nintendo's marketing, and again, it's limited to your local populace.

Your final point is a bit of a leap in logic as their are multiple possible reasons why the WiiU hasn't sold well, beyond just the gamepad. The fact that it hasn't sold well also indicates that most average gamers haven't had many opportunities to actually use the gamepad and have been unable to formulate an informed opinion. You could argue its appearance puts people off purchasing a WiiU, but then that's a problem of Nintendo's marketing and design rather than a problem with the device itself.

The pad doesn't feel bulky at all, it actually feels really good when you hold it.  The problem is your inability to adapt to other controllers, maybe your hands are smaller than normal or something.

Definitely not the reason. A lot of people, myself included love the gamepad. And you have the option to opt for a different controller for most games.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

The pad doesn't feel bulky at all, it actually feels really good when you hold it.  The problem is your inability to adapt to other controllers, maybe your hands are smaller than normal or something.

You are making a lot of assumptions in this post. Just cause the controller feels comfortable to you and not to him does not mean that he lacks the ability to adapt to other controllers, it just means he doesn't like it.