By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WII U true failure is not the console or games.

Spike0503 said:
The_Yoda said:
Spike0503 said:
NickK said:
Trolling thread?! All these games can be played by WiiU Pro Controller or WiiMote.

WiiU's weak point is its NAME!

What if you don't wanna spend more?, shouldn't the console come with a controller you like and feel comfortable with?.

If someone likes the gamepad couldn't they complain about the other systems lack of one and expect them to bundle it with say a PS4? That argument works both ways.

What you are saying is not the same thing and it makes no sense from my perspective. NickK said that if you have an issue with the pad then you can play the games with the Pro Controller or the WiiMote, however, that would require an additional purchase aside from the main purchase of the Wii U. The OP said in his first post that he refuses to give them (Nintendo) more money due to what he percieves is a mistake by Nintendo to make the pad their primary controller, thus, he deems that the controller is an issue for the Wii U to be more successful. A solution would be to be make a SKU with a Pro Controller instead of the pad.

If someone were to like the Pad over the other controllers in the market then obviously he/she should stick to the Wii U since it's the only place where it's at. Neither Sony nor MS have additional controllers for them to put on an SKU beside the DS4 and the Xbox one controller. Nintendo on the other hand, has both the Wii U Pad and the Pro Controller, thus making it possible for giving more choices to the consumer.

Fine, lets say I don't like the DS4, then they should bundle in the MadCatz version that does feel comfortable to me.  Better?

Around the Network
The_Yoda said:
Spike0503 said:
The_Yoda said:
Spike0503 said:
NickK said:
Trolling thread?! All these games can be played by WiiU Pro Controller or WiiMote.

What if you don't wanna spend more?, shouldn't the console come with a controller you like and feel comfortable with?.

If someone likes the gamepad couldn't they complain about the other systems lack of one and expect them to bundle it with say a PS4? That argument works both ways.

What you are saying is not the same thing and it makes no sense from my perspective. NickK said that if you have an issue with the pad then you can play the games with the Pro Controller or the WiiMote, however, that would require an additional purchase aside from the main purchase of the Wii U. The OP said in his first post that he refuses to give them (Nintendo) more money due to what he percieves is a mistake by Nintendo to make the pad their primary controller, thus, he deems that the controller is an issue for the Wii U to be more successful. A solution would be to be make a SKU with a Pro Controller instead of the pad.

If someone were to like the Pad over the other controllers in the market then obviously he/she should stick to the Wii U since it's the only place where it's at. Neither Sony nor MS have additional controllers for them to put on an SKU beside the DS4 and the Xbox one controller. Nintendo on the other hand, has both the Wii U Pad and the Pro Controller, thus making it possible for giving more choices to the consumer.

Fine, lets say I don't like the DS4, then they should bundle in the MadCatz version that does feel comfortable to me.  Better?

The MadCatz version of the DS4 isn't official while the Pro Controller is an official alternative to the pad.

Spike0503 said:
The_Yoda said:
Spike0503 said:
The_Yoda said:
Spike0503 said:
NickK said:

The MadCatz version of the DS4 isn't official while the Pro Controller is an official alternative to the pad.

So we are criticizing Nintendo for providing more "official" options ... It is still the same argument I don't like it so they should offer something different for me. Oh wait but I don't want to pay more money for it.

Couldn't microsoft make a sku with Microsoft smartglass in it? That's a tablet somewhat akin to the gamepad ...

Who´s next. 

This thread is booooooring!!!

"Every day I look in the mirror and ask myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?". If the answer is no for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something"

Steve Jobs

Around the Network

biggest failure this generation are gamers.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

kljesta64 said:
biggest failure this generation are gamers.

I know, right? People don't all want Nintendo games and nothing else to satisfy their gaming needs and thus didn't buy the Wii U, thus they fail.

They should make a Wii U pack + pro controller and a downloadable game like mario kart or smash for 199$ (no gamepad included of course). IMO it would sell like hotcake and it's the right price for a console that's just a little more powerful than an Xbox 360 : )

I hate the gamepad too. The button layout is really weird and it's heavy for a controller. I've been using the other consoles' controllers for too long for the wii u controllers to be comfortable. I don't even like the pro controller. Button layout is alien. If you happen to like it then good for you. To each their own, though.

Given that the OP was permabanned for making threads like this, and the kind of posts it's attracted since resurrection, i think we'll just put the kibosh on this whole thing.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.