By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WII U true failure is not the console or games.

Smear-Gel said:
This thread:

"I Most people hate the Gamepad and my opinion is the sales numbers are fact."

Fix'd.

Around the Network

No, it's not the GamePad. The Pad itself is totally fine, though the reason to use wasn't made very clear. It's exactly what you said isn't the reason, which is the lack of significant games at launch. Also, poor marketing/branding didn't help either.

NNID: TheCCluc

the2real4mafol said:
MikeRox said:
the2real4mafol said:

I think the gamepad is perfect the way it is. The battery is it's only downfall. I thought the size and weight was decent. Anyway who uses a tablet should be fine with using the gamepad to be honest.

Nintendo won't do a padless version of Wii U because of cost. Manufacturing gamepads on their own are extremely expensive so they want to limit them to the amount of Wii U's that are being made. Also some games actually require the gamepad to play them. 

Did you upgrade it? You can double the battery life buying a new battery from Nintendo. Though I did feel very cheated having paid £350 for the system on launch.

No i had no idea about that

Not sure where you're based, but this is what you want :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Game-High-Capacity-Battery/dp/B00EZPU0E2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409343322&sr=8-1&keywords=battery+wii+u

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Pad = gimmick. It has its uses, but I agree that it generally wouldn't be missed.

It is near the end of the end....

Spike0503 said:
amak11 said:

I don't waste my time with plebs either, so I guess our debate is over. I've wasted too much time with you. 

On a side note, your first post is full on rage. You can't come at me without looking at yourself. Good day sir or madam 

Plebs?, kindly get off your high horse.

You claim to have responded his posts in fairness and and not in a fanboyish way yet you posted this:

amak11 said:

if you can't agree with anything I said then I guess you have no taste in gaming.

You post opinions as if they were facts:

amak11 said:

The Wii U pro controller is based on a 360 design (Which is supirior in ergonomics to all PS controllers).

amak11 said:

The DS4 is a kids toy that feels as awkward as the PS3 controller.

amak11 said:

I love how you imply I'm a fanboy. I'm a gaming enthusiast, not a pleb. I find games on all platforms to play and frankly if you hate the perfectly executed nature of Mario games and especially NSMBU then you have problems as a gamer in the whole. If I had to guess Battlefield or Call of Duty is in your top 5 favorite games?

How does it feel to ride in that high horse of gaming "elites" that can tell other people what to like and what's "perfect" or not?. Also, nice job at going for the usual jab at "if my opponent disagrees with me then he is surely a COD fanboy!". Great job.

For a first post, this was rather entertaining.

Around the Network

The Gamepad is one of the most comfortable controllers I've used in a while. Sure it's not perfect for every game (I prefer the Wii U Pro Controller for Tekken Tag 2, though the Gamepad is still perfectly usable as well) but it works well.

I wish its features were actually utilized more.

Scoobes said:

Thank you.

Scoobes said:

I found it entertaining too. But I don't expect him to be around much longer given his flame baiting. For all I know it's a BeElite alt account

amak11 said:
Scoobes said:

I found it entertaining too. But I don't expect him to be around much longer given his flame baiting. For all I know it's a BeElite alt account

I didn't not wish to bait for any flaming, I just found your opinions really self-righteous and filled with contempt for those who disagree with you.

Also I'm not an alt, I've been a lurker for years and I disliked your posts in this thread enough to make me want to make an account to reply to them.

Spike0503 said:
amak11 said:
Scoobes said:

I didn't not wish to bait for any flaming, I just found your opinions really self-righteous and filled with contempt for those who disagree with you.

Also I'm not an alt, I've been a lurker for years and I disliked your posts in this thread enough to make me want to make an account to reply to them.

So defending someone who calls people fanboys for disagreeing with his opinion is okay with you? Gaming is dead