By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WII U true failure is not the console or games.

amak11 said:
Spike0503 said:
amak11 said:
Scoobes said:

For a first post, this was rather entertaining.

I found it entertaining too. But I don't expect him to be around much longer given his flame baiting. For all I know it's a BeElite alt account

I didn't not wish to bait for any flaming, I just found your opinions really self-righteous and filled with contempt for those who disagree with you.

Also I'm not an alt, I've been a lurker for years and I disliked your posts in this thread enough to make me want to make an account to reply to them.

So defending someone who calls people fanboys for disagreeing with his opinion is okay with you? Gaming is dead

I don't agree with calling people "fanboys" in that we agree, but you have to admit that your comments were really tainted in a fanboy-like manner with the way you were expressing your opinion as absolute truth. Specially the comment about Nintendo making the best first party games.

If you were to say that Nintendo has made the more critically acclaimed games of the current (8th) gen, I would agree with you, since I think metacritic would back up your claim, I'm not sure since I haven't checked for every exclusive released so far. As it stands, you expressed your opinion as if it was an absolute fact and anyone in disagreement just had bad taste. I have a problem with that.

Around the Network

I know I do not understand much of when people praise DS3 or DS4 or Xbox controller. I used them a lot and what I experiance every time is that I feel like I am handcuffed. My hands are forced together in a place on or between my thighs. Alternative I can move it closer to my stomach holding it over my groin. Either way my wrist is positioned very close to one of the warmest place of the body - soon my wrist are all sweaty and hot. My elbows are forced forward losing support from the seat, this makes my shoulders strain. The Wiimote/Nunchuck combo was so relieving to my arms/shoulders. The gamepad is not as good but it separates my hands enough to get a little more relaxed in the shoulders. The gamepad rests comfortable in my lap, this does that I do not have to grasp it intensely just to keep it in place (as I find I do with a regular controller), eases the strain on the hands and keeps them less hot and sweaty. I am not claiming the gamepad is perfect in any way, but for me it makes prolonged gaming sessions more comfortable.

Sorry but I just can't give up off screen play. If you're into twitch reflex games more than I recommend the Pro controller.

Spike0503 said:

I don't agree with calling people "fanboys" in that we agree, but you have to admit that your comments were really tainted in a fanboy-like manner with the way you were expressing your opinion as absolute truth. Specially the comment about Nintendo making the best first party games.

If you were to say that Nintendo has made the more critically acclaimed games of the current (8th) gen, I would agree with you, since I think metacritic would back up your claim, I'm not sure since I haven't checked for every exclusive released so far. As it stands, you expressed your opinion as if it was an absolute fact and anyone in disagreement just had bad taste. I have a problem with that.

At least there is someone in this thread I can come to some agreement with. They were meant generally to be stern comments. People will argue that bar none Nintendo defines every genre they tapped in to. But I look at it like this, if you want story telling you go with the movie company (Sony). If you want a large expansive library of indie and normal games you go with Microsoft. If you want genre defining titles with unique twist you go with Nintendo. My comments pretty much come in line with people who support all platforms. Considering I have used a PS4 controller I feel like i can break it which makes it feel like a toy (though in reality all game consoles are toys). My Ps3 controller (as grimey as it is) also feels like I could break it, but when it was new it felt solid. 

amak11 said:
Spike0503 said:

At least there is someone in this thread I can come to some agreement with. They were meant generally to be stern comments. People will argue that bar none Nintendo defines every genre they tapped in to. But I look at it like this, if you want story telling you go with the movie company (Sony). If you want a large expansive library of indie and normal games you go with Microsoft. If you want genre defining titles with unique twist you go with Nintendo. My comments pretty much come in line with people who support all platforms. Considering I have used a PS4 controller I feel like i can break it which makes it feel like a toy (though in reality all game consoles are toys). My Ps3 controller (as grimey as it is) also feels like I could break it, but when it was new it felt solid. 

Unique Twists lol, honestly it's just another word for Gimmick. Which is what Nintendo's home consoles have been since the Wii.

Around the Network
amak11 said:
Spike0503 said:

I respect the fact that you give each company some credit, we are in agreement there, however, I disagree with the bolded sentence since I don't think you can speak for everyone who supports all platforms and also on the comments you have given for Sony, MS and Nintendo. All three of them have given huge contributions to the gaming landscape, Sony both in gameplay and story-telling and MS in more than indie games with their online focus, though I would agree with you in the fact that Nintendo has had the more success in their multi-genre approach, no arguments from me there.  Just to share my two cents, my favorite first party titles for the PS systems are God of War and the Crash Bandicoot games. I don't think anyone could state they are story telling-focused games, their focus is mainly gameplay. So Sony has been and can be more than a story telling-focused company.

With regards to your comments on the controllers, I can't speak for the DS4 since I don't own a PS4 yet, but I'm quite satisfied with my DS3 controllers and I find the DS design to be the most comfortable for me since the PS1 era.

Hoodieninja said:

Unique Twists lol, honestly it's just another word for Gimmick. Which is what Nintendo's home consoles have been since the Wii.

Games not consoles, duh

amak11 said:
Hoodieninja said:

Games not consoles, duh

to be fair I've seen more unique twists in Indie Games than I did with Nintendo Games. Games can also be gimmicky letalone Nintendo ones.

Spike0503 said:
amak11 said:

I respect the fact that you give each company some credit, we are in agreement there, however, I disagree with the bolded sentence since I don't think you can speak for everyone who supports all platforms and also on the comments you have given for Sony, MS and Nintendo. All three of them have given huge contributions to the gaming landscape, Sony both in gameplay and story-telling and MS in more than indie games with their online focus, though I would agree with you in the fact that Nintendo has had the more success in their multi-genre approach, no arguments from me there.  Just to share my two cents, my favorite first party titles for the PS systems are God of War and the Crash Bandicoot games. I don't think anyone could state they are story telling-focused games, their focus is mainly gameplay. So Sony has been and can be more than a story telling-focused company.

With regards to your comments on the controllers, I can't speak for the DS4 since I don't own a PS4 yet, but I'm quite satisfied with my DS3 controllers and I find the DS design to be the most comfortable for me since the PS1 era.

I never really said I speak for everyone with that mind set. I said my comments generally come in line with people who are multi-platform supporters. I can't speak for other peoples opinions. :P 

Hoodieninja said:
amak11 said:
Hoodieninja said:

Games not consoles, duh

to be fair I've seen more unique twists in Indie Games than I did with Nintendo Games. Games can also be gimmicky letalone Nintendo ones.

But I could argue all games have gimmicks why does Nintendo take the cake on this? The Last of Us had a zombie gimmick, Call of Duty has it's multiplayer gimmick. You are litterally condeming all games on one platform because of a one sided debate gimmick debate. Cat suit in mario is no more a gimmick than the bullet time effect in Max Payne. It's how you use that gimmick to enhance and make your game more enjoyable is what matters. If you want to classify it as a gimmick you must recognize the gimmicks in non-Nintendo games.