By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Exclusive software in development for New Nintendo 3DS (Besides Xenoblade Chronicles)

I actually had a dream about a 3DS "Semi-successor" a month ago, it was almost identical to this one, with upgraded OS, more powerful CPU, built in CPP, and it even had a Xenoblade port! but the difference between the one in my dream and this one, is the fact that in my dream Nintendo offered a new CPP for old 3DS owners that had the more powerful CPU in it as well, so old owners didn't get the shaft. Now if only that last bit came true...

Around the Network

Here is the thing, if you think it is a dick move or a bad choice. Don't support it? You know ultimately that is what matters right?

bananaking21 said:
wait so they are making a new model and giving it a game and giving the 40+ million 3ds users the middle finger?

DSi

Click HERE and be happy 

DakonBlackblade said:
bananaking21 said:
wait so they are making a new model and giving it a game and giving the 40+ million 3ds users the middle finger?

Yes in a nutshell. But since its Nintendo ppl wil sugarcoat it, its like the Amiibo thing, where that a Sony or Ms initiative ppl would go nuts saying they were trying to explore consumers giving in game benefits to whoever buy Amiibos, but since its nintendo its a great move somehow.

Sorry but I really have to argue this. Sorry but Nintendo gets the most crap for a lot of things they do. Remember super easy finish the stage mode? Literally no one, and I mean no one complained about it being in GTAV but it being a mario game, caused everyone to think Nintendo is destroying gaming with casual BS. I think none of the companies are safe from people shitting on them.

It's just like the dsi. as long as MAJOR software (non ports) isn't exclusive to the new model, I don't care.

Around the Network
blackmages said:

It's just like the dsi. as long as MAJOR software (non ports) isn't exclusive to the new model, I don't care.

Game Boy Color as well. People act like Nintendo's never, ever, ever done this when it's very clear that they have a history of doing it.

NNID: TheCCluc

Was the Game Boy Color bullshit? It sucks for people who just invested in the current 3DS model, but its not as if there will be a complete drop in support of the older 3DS line.

bubblegamer said:
Complete dick move. This is worse than what Microsoft was trying to do with the X1. People should not blindly support this.

What? X1? What are you talking about? There are ALWAYS new extended hardware revisions of Nintendo handhelds.

Gameboy->Gameboy Color (Colors!)

DS->DSi (better CPU, more RAM, Camera, some other improvements)

3DS->new 3DS (better CPU, better Camera, some other improvements)

RavenXtra said:
Was the Game Boy Color bullshit? It sucks for people who just invested in the current 3DS model, but its not as if there will be a complete drop in support of the older 3DS line.

Precicely. It seems the the new 3DS exclusive games are an incentive for those who buy the new model. It's not like they're gonna drop support from the current 3DS models.

I expect the eventual Majora's Mask remake to be done for this and maybe, possibly even Super Mario Sunshine or Galaxy.