By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade (port?) _exclusive_ for new 3ds (no "old" 3ds)

That's one of the dumbest things I ever saw on this industry. It's a successor to the 3DS, only it's actually the same console (?)

Also, why the fuck is Xenoblade being remade for the 3DS? And HD remaster would've been FAR more interesting.

And LOL @ people comparing this to the GBC.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
Jranation said:
Teeqoz said:

Jeez, calm down. They also said they had several other games in development exclusively for this model. Does it make you feel better if I say "It's a dick move to their fanbase, IMO"?

It's their fault for giving the original 3DS a crappy CPU.

Of course they're going to make more games only for the new 3ds, since it has better cpu.

And for your last line - it would make the 3ds much more expensive = lesser sales? Ps vita? 

They're fragmenting their userbase and hurting their brand image. I've never bought a console that can't play all the games released for that console, it's ridiculous. This isn't phones were you upgrade every two or three years, this is a console, and consoles should last until their true succesor is out.

No it wouldn't have. 20-30 dollars tops which could've been decreased as it got cheaper. It wouldn't come close to the price of the PS Vita, the PS Vita is still way more powerful than this 3ds model.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

ktay95 said:
Dadrik said:

So two years in the future, the New 3DS will be too weak and they should release another console, and so on, and so on...?

Superb logic.

If the 3DS was released 6+ years ago, I'd understand. But this is way too early in the gen.

Xbox to 360 was just 3-4 years between them and well 80mil people didnt seem to mind. And that was a change that seems like it was much more neccessary than 3DS to New 3DS

But the 360 was an entirely new console, which is still selling after 9 years.

The new 3ds is a half assed upgrade which probably wont even compare with the Vita, let alone the iphones and galaxies. Nintendo will probably have to release anothr HH or an upgrade in 2 years. 

It looks pretty good on 3DS, have to say. Solid porting job.

Everyone here needs to calm the fuck down. 1.) This is not a new system. It is simply an upgrade. They've done stuff like this before (GBA SP, DSi, etc.). 2.) You are missing out on ONE game...that isn't even new...that you can play on the Wii. 3.) If you really feel like you need to play this ONE game, go buy a New 3DS (which doesn't come out for awhile anyway) and sell your old 3DS. 4.) This is the most important point. XENOBLADE WOULD NEVER HAVE COME TO THE 3DS ANYWAY! THE ORIGINAL 3DS DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH POWER TO PLAY IT!!!

I've had a 3DS for a long ass time, just saying. This really is a non-issue, so please stop bitching.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
Jranation said:
Teeqoz said:

Jeez, calm down. They also said they had several other games in development exclusively for this model. Does it make you feel better if I say "It's a dick move to their fanbase, IMO"?

It's their fault for giving the original 3DS a crappy CPU.

Of course they're going to make more games only for the new 3ds, since it has better cpu.

And for your last line - it would make the 3ds much more expensive = lesser sales? Ps vita? 

They're fragmenting their userbase and hurting their brand image. I've never bought a console that can't play all the games released for that console, it's ridiculous. This isn't phones were you upgrade every two or three years, this is a console, and consoles should last until their true succesor is out.

No it wouldn't have. 20-30 dollars tops which could've been decreased as it got cheaper. It wouldn't come close to the price of the PS Vita, the PS Vita is still way more powerful than this 3ds model.

The problem is that, nintendo is seeing how there isn't much games coming to the 3ds. So they want to make/upgrade past games or new games using a better tech. 

And for your last paragraph, that guy said why nintendo gave 3ds less power. The obvious reason is price. 

So making a powerful system needs it to be expensive. For the company to make profit. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Dadrik said:
Jranation said:
Dadrik said:
vivster said:
Dadrik said:

Maybe because last gen systems aren't only 3 years old and it was well known they were getting close to the end of the gen cycle ?

So what? Is there a secret rule of how long a company has to wait before they can release new hardware?

Again, the only negative thing about this I see is a money concern. But that is the case for any entertainment.

I seriously can't believe what I'm reading here.

People are pissed about DLCs, microtransactions, etc... But this is fine !

Is there a secret rule about what can be considered a "full" game and what can be an DLC ? No, absolutely not.

It's only about respect toward the consumers. 

You dont get it.

We cant have the new games, without making a better cpu.

And it seems you didn't read my previous posts. This is not a great excuse at all. It it was an actually old console, yeah, sure. But it's way too early, or the 3DS was released way too late.

Hardwares get outdated FAST. Releasing a new console with a more powerful CPU whenever devs feel like they have projects too demanding for the current hardware is NOT a solution. Or they could just go ahead and release a new slightly more powerful console each year, or each 2 years.

The poing in here is the games. Look at ps vita, it is so powerful, but hardly any devs supports it.

But for nintendo. If you lool at the beat selling games on 3ds, nearly all of them are first party, or from/published by nintendo. This means that, nintendo has FULL CONTROL on what games they will/can put.

The third party is hardly helping nintendo (both 3ds and wii u). So they dont need to wait for any

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Also, I don't know why people are bitching about it. If you just bought a 3DS, you should have expected an upgrade or new console to be coming sometime in 2015 (which is when this will reach us) or 16. If you bought it at launch you've had lots of life out of it already and more still to come. And new titles like Smash, etc, are still being made for all 3DS models.

And seriously, without the upgrade Xenoblade wouldn't have happened on the old 3DS models. So it's not like you're missing out on something you could have had. If you don't want to buy the new model, don't play Xenoblade, play the other games that are possible on classic 3DS. You didn't buy a 3DS expecting to play Xenoblade.

FUCK!

Umm, can't they make a peripheral for the old 3DS that makes things compatible? ):