By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade (port?) _exclusive_ for new 3ds (no "old" 3ds)

"Satoru Iwata also mentioned that several other titles are in development exclusively for the New Nintendo 3DS. These will not be playable on the old 3DS models."

Nintendo is losing it. I hope this backfires as it ought to.

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Dadrik said:
vivster said:
Dadrik said:

Maybe because last gen systems aren't only 3 years old and it was well known they were getting close to the end of the gen cycle ?

So what? Is there a secret rule of how long a company has to wait before they can release new hardware?

Again, the only negative thing about this I see is a money concern. But that is the case for any entertainment.

I seriously can't believe what I'm reading here.

People are pissed about DLCs, microtransactions, etc... But this is fine !

Is there a secret rule about what can be considered a "full" game and what can be an DLC ? No, absolutely not.

It's only about respect toward the consumers. 

You dont get it.

We cant have the new games, without making a better cpu.

So they are using man-power to making games that are only playable to a part of the userbase of the console, when they could instead have used those teams to make games that every 3DS owner could play? Superconsumer-friendly right?

ohmylanta1003 said:
Everyone here needs to calm the fuck down. 1.) This is not a new system. It is simply an upgrade. They've done stuff like this before (GBA SP, DSi, etc.). 2.) You are missing out on ONE game...that isn't even new...that you can play on the Wii. 3.) If you really feel like you need to play this ONE game, go buy a New 3DS (which doesn't come out for awhile anyway) and sell your old 3DS. 4.) This is the most important point. XENOBLADE WOULD NEVER HAVE COME TO THE 3DS ANYWAY! THE ORIGINAL 3DS DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH POWER TO PLAY IT!!!

I've had a 3DS for a long ass time, just saying. This really is a non-issue, so please stop bitching.

So Nintendo gets a free pass after years of yelling at third parties to make the necessary downgrades so that PS360 games fit the Wii. Yeah. A non-issue.

i hope the new 3DS exclusive games will be only ports of old games.

Jranation said:
Teeqoz said:

They're fragmenting their userbase and hurting their brand image. I've never bought a console that can't play all the games released for that console, it's ridiculous. This isn't phones were you upgrade every two or three years, this is a console, and consoles should last until their true succesor is out.

No it wouldn't have. 20-30 dollars tops which could've been decreased as it got cheaper. It wouldn't come close to the price of the PS Vita, the PS Vita is still way more powerful than this 3ds model.

The problem is that, nintendo is seeing how there isn't much games coming to the 3ds. So they want to make/upgrade past games or new games using a better tech. 

And for your last paragraph, that guy said why nintendo gave 3ds less power. The obvious reason is price. 

So making a powerful system needs it to be expensive. For the company to make profit. 

What other companies have been accused of only re-releasing old games? It reminds me of something, wonder why

Again, not saying that it should be as powerful as the Vita, just saying that they easily could have made the original 3DS with this CPU without the price increasing a lot at all.

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:

So Nintendo gets a free pass after years of yelling at third parties to make the necessary downgrades so that PS360 games fit the Wii. Yeah. A non-issue.

Are we reading the same thread? From what I'm seeing, people who supposedly don't even like Nintendo are losing their minds. Or does free pass have a different meaning now?

From the video I've seen the framerate looks terrible.

Kresnik said:
I still haven't gotten round to play the Wii version of this yet. And quite frankly, I don't really want to play it on Wii. I was thinking of Dolphin'ing it.

Now I can play on 3DS! And I haven't bought a 3DS yet, so I'm not going to have to trade it in for a new model!

After all the bitching from Sony fans about the Monster Hunter 4 controls, here's one who wants to pay extra money to use the Monster Hunter claw to move and select arts at the same time (left analog = move character, d-pad = select art) instead of the comfortable wii controls

Hiku said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
Also, I don't know why people are bitching about it. If you just bought a 3DS, you should have expected an upgrade or new console to be coming sometime in 2015 (which is when this will reach us) or 16. If you bought it at launch you've had lots of life out of it already and more still to come. And new titles like Smash, etc, are still being made for all 3DS models.

And seriously, without the upgrade Xenoblade wouldn't have happened on the old 3DS models. So it's not like you're missing out on something you could have had. If you don't want to buy the new model, don't play Xenoblade, play the other games that are possible on classic 3DS. You didn't buy a 3DS expecting to play Xenoblade.

I would have expected and accepted an actual successor to the 3DS by 2015-16. This is more akin to the N64 RAM expansion. Except that you have to buy the whole console again.
When you invest in a new next gen console after 4-5 years, you do so with the expectations of getting a lot of new games for that system in return for you investing in the hardware. That doesn't look to be the case here.

That Xenoblade is on it makes sense, and is fine by me. But if they start producing exclusive games for it that aren't old ports that normally wouldn't work on the old 3DS, then that's a different matter. And they may very well do so in order to give people more incentive to buy the console.

Are you saying that 3DS owners haven't gotten enough games to meet expectations?  You crazy.  This is an actual successor to 3dS and is coming in 2015.  If they called it 4DS, stopped making games for classic 3DS and the new one didn't have backward compatibility you would be more happy?  You crazy.

Player2 said:

After all the bitching from Sony fans about the Monster Hunter 4 controls, here's one who wants to pay extra money to use the Monster Hunter claw to move and select arts at the same time (left analog = move character, d-pad = select art) instead of the comfortable wii controls

Hey, I hate Monster Hunter!