By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade (port?) _exclusive_ for new 3ds (no "old" 3ds)

Kresnik said:
I still haven't gotten round to play the Wii version of this yet. And quite frankly, I don't really want to play it on Wii. I was thinking of Dolphin'ing it.

Now I can play on 3DS! And I haven't bought a 3DS yet, so I'm not going to have to trade it in for a new model!

I'd still go with dolphin-ing it honestly, I don't think this is going to be a looker on a 3DS, even a new one with blast processing.

Around the Network
celador said:
If that is exclusive to the new sku that is pretty shitty. I shouldn't have to buy the a third version of the same console to play a game

Also this has the potentil to cause a lot of confusion on the market. Missinformed ppl with the old model buying this game than getting very angry at Nintendo afterwards.

I might end up getting the new XL tough, I have the original 3DS model from like 6 months after the launch might be a good time to make an upgrade.

Sal.Paradise said:
Kresnik said:
I still haven't gotten round to play the Wii version of this yet. And quite frankly, I don't really want to play it on Wii. I was thinking of Dolphin'ing it.

Now I can play on 3DS! And I haven't bought a 3DS yet, so I'm not going to have to trade it in for a new model!

I'd still go with dolphin-ing it honestly, I don't think this is going to be a looker on a 3DS, even a new one with blast processing.

Sega aquisition confirmed?

spemanig said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Who will buy a whole new system to replay the very same game srly?

HD remake would have been waaaaaaaaaaaaay more interesting.

To replay the same game!? I guarantee you 99% of 3DS owners haven't played Xenoblade. Heck, more than 99% of Wii owners haven't played Xenoblade.

Thats true, but as a person that already played the game, i agree. I would replay the game on the Wii U with an HD port, but this version might make the game more popular. I wont consider getting it unless they add new content though.

I think this is a horrible move by Nintendo. They have now fragmented the 3DS installbase, and its going to hurt the software sales for the "new" 3DS games. I feel as though Nintendo did not even consider how the 45mil installbase would react to a "new" 3DS that makes their old 3DS inferior.

This move almost feels like when Sega tried to prolong the Genesis life by introducing the 32X.

Around the Network

That looks like it has some serious frame rate issues.

People forgot DSi...

Click HERE and be happy 

Smear-Gel said:
Blood_Tears said:
Damn, what a shitty thing to do! Spliting their userbase up if they want to play Xenoblade on it. That's like Sony making a new PS4 model with UC4 exclusive to it or MS making a new X1 model in order to play Halo.

That's dirty! But leave it to Nintendo to have brand image problems. People didn't even know the Wii U was a new system in the first 12 months of it's life.

You just compared Xenoblade to the two biggeat franchises of sony and ms. Lol. 

Well I don't know what "biggeat" means but I compared 3 AAA exclusive franchises that have a meta score of 90+. Also, Uncharted is not the biggest Sony franchise, GT is.

Clyde32 said:
That looks like it has some serious frame rate issues.

Did you watch it from here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghFEU4t_Pm8

Still has it's issues, but much better than the video from Game Explain.

EricFabian said:
People forgot DSi...

It had no actual value. And the games that did come to it, never came to the US. So no one cared. It was like the GB Micro. No actual hardware benefit. It was a option. This has a benefit. But when you do that, you piss off the people who bought the earlier versions. Like me. I bought a Zelda XL. Because I couldn't stand the 3D slider and light on the original. I would of never bought it if I had known Nintendo would pull this. Now I can't buy systems till way later.