By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade (port?) _exclusive_ for new 3ds (no "old" 3ds)

Dadrik said:
ktay95 said:
Dadrik said:

Then why an exclusive port on the New 3DS, since it's already playable on an other current gen console ? 

Its a good selling point for the New 3DS. 3DS sales are struggling compared to the DS and Nintendo's expectations, new revisions are made to breath life back into the console and they believe XBC is a good way to persuade people to buy the New 3DS along with the other future exclusives.

Breathe life back into a console by killing them with a more powerful system with exclusive games ? Odd logic.

Without the new 3ds, we wont have the new games coming on our way.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

I wonder if the next handheld (not some upgrade or redesign) will be compatible with all 3DS titles or not.

Part of why I like consoles and handhelds is simplicity of buying a system and playing games on it for 5-10 years with no worries of it working or not.

Jranation said:
Dadrik said:

Breathe life back into a console by killing them with a more powerful system with exclusive games ? Odd logic.

So two years in the future, the New 3DS will be too weak and they should release another console, and so on, and so on...?

Superb logic.

If the 3DS was released 6+ years ago, I'd understand. But this is way too early in the gen.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Dadrik said:
vivster said:
Hiku said:

It's not that simple though. They may develop new games solely for the New 3DS in the future as well for the sake of giving people more reason to buy it, and not just ports that technically couldn't work on the old hardware. Games that if the New 3DS didn't exist, would have developed it to run on the old 3DS instead.

I don't see anyone complaining about next gen exclusive games  which would be able to run just fine on last gen. Sure with some graphical downgrades but they would run. In fact a lot of people are embracing games that only run on newer consoles without being bogged down by old consoles' weaknesses.

Of course I do understand why people are upset but it's hard for me to feel the same way. Probably because I have money.

Maybe because last gen systems aren't only 3 years old and it was well known they were getting close to the end of the gen cycle ?

So what? Is there a secret rule of how long a company has to wait before they can release new hardware?

Again, the only negative thing about this I see is a money concern. But that is the case for any entertainment.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

bubblegamer said:
ktay95 said:
Lol you guys are being suchl entitled gamers. If XBC couldnt run on 3DS then its not coming to 3DS and never would have. However a new model of the 3DS can run itso its being made for it. If you dont want to upgrade then deal with the fact that you arent playing it. Others who want to upgrade shouldnt have to miss out on stuff like this because you are being entitled.

That's bull and you know it. We're not pc gamers. A console, handheld or not is supposed to run all the games released for it.

^^

I understand remodels like the XL that are just hardware changes, but this is change that locks out software. They must really want Xenoblade to flop on 3DS too.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

See, the big problem is that if they're going to do one game, they're bound to do more exclusive software for the new model, which is essentially a big fat F U to the neat 45 million people who have purchased a regular 3DS model. I understand that this is pretty much the only way to go for dedicated handhelds to continue having even a remote chance at competing with phones, but it doesn't sound like something Nintendo would do, plus it's just dickish overall.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

That's a really dumb thing to do. I hope there won't be more games that are exclusive to the newer version.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Dadrik said:

So two years in the future, the New 3DS will be too weak and they should release another console, and so on, and so on...?

Superb logic.

If the 3DS was released 6+ years ago, I'd understand. But this is way too early in the gen.

Xbox to 360 was just 3-4 years between them and well 80mil people didnt seem to mind. And that was a change that seems like it was much more neccessary than 3DS to New 3DS

vivster said:
Dadrik said:

Maybe because last gen systems aren't only 3 years old and it was well known they were getting close to the end of the gen cycle ?

So what? Is there a secret rule of how long a company has to wait before they can release new hardware?

Again, the only negative thing about this I see is a money concern. But that is the case for any entertainment.

I seriously can't believe what I'm reading here.

People are pissed about DLCs, microtransactions, etc... But this is fine !

Is there a secret rule about what can be considered a "full" game and what can be an DLC ? No, absolutely not.

It's only about respect toward the consumers. 

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Dadrik said:
Jranation said:
Dadrik said:

Superb logic.

What do u mean too early? Theres hardly any games coming for the 3ds. SMASH and Pokemon are the next big thing coming (maybe mh)  

And its only a small upgrade. I think they want to test this, since their wii u and 3ds had a bad launch. 

Pocky Lover Boy!