By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade (port?) _exclusive_ for new 3ds (no "old" 3ds)

Now that I've read up on it, and that all of you so nicely explained it, I see no problem with this move.
Except for the name. Had they called it the 3ES, 3XS, 3GPS or whatever, nobody would complain. It would have been like the move from DS to 3DS -- you get new games as well as backwards compatibility.
Same now. I see no reason to complain, as this obviously is a superior system that will play all of your old games as well as some new ones.

Around the Network

It was eitherwe get this game, but ypu have to buy new 3ds, or GET NOTHING AT ALL.
They clearly said, that it was IMPOSSIBLE to make this game on the current 3ds.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Now all they got to do is make a bundle....

S.Peelman said:
ktay95 said:
Teeqoz said:
I never would've expected something like this from Nintendo (or any other harware manufacturer for that matter). It's really giving your fanbase the middle-finger.

GBC, DSi, GBA was the only Nintendo handheld not to have a revision with new exclusives. If anything we should have all seen it coming =P

Maybe you could also technically even count things like the N64 Expansion Pack and the Wii Remote Plus which both had 'exclusive' games.

Getting another peripheral/controller to play a game is one, but a new system is just unfair in my opinion. Theyre just making their fans buy the system again, they have to make money to make up revenure loss due to mobile phone gaming so its understandable to do so. But as the 3ds xl was the first system i ever owned i am utterly disappointed.

If they were doing this. Then Nintendo should of integrated the second joystick back when the XL was released. Hypocrites. And not buying. Nintendo's track record in using newer fuctions is horrible anyway.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
I never would've expected something like this from Nintendo (or any other harware manufacturer for that matter). It's really giving your fanbase the middle-finger.

They fucking clearly said that it was IMPOSSIBLE to make the fucking game on the current 3ds.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Teeqoz said:

They fucking clearly said that it was IMPOSSIBLE to make the fucking game on the current 3ds.

Yeah. And then you think Port to Wii U. OMG genius.

siddhartha87 said:
Man this is bullshit, I really want to play the game but I can't justify buying the new system for it. Now what's the value of my old xl on which I spent 200 + tax

How can they get away with this, they've rendered a gadget which 40 mill ppl hv bought as obsolete. Now if anyone wants to play any upcoming high profile 3ds will hv to buy a new system, which isn't even greatly superior to the first. They're just making fans buy the system twice.

Very disappointing,

I really hope they don't plan to release a higher powered wii u as well, then all the money I'd hv spent on nintendo consoles this gen would be complete waste. And this is the first time I've bought nintendo consoles.

They said that its IMPOSSIBLE to make the game with the current 3ds.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
siddhartha87 said:
Man this is bullshit, I really want to play the game but I can't justify buying the new system for it. Now what's the value of my old xl on which I spent 200 + tax

How can they get away with this, they've rendered a gadget which 40 mill ppl hv bought as obsolete. Now if anyone wants to play any upcoming high profile 3ds will hv to buy a new system, which isn't even greatly superior to the first. They're just making fans buy the system twice.

Very disappointing,

I really hope they don't plan to release a higher powered wii u as well, then all the money I'd hv spent on nintendo consoles this gen would be complete waste. And this is the first time I've bought nintendo consoles.

They said that its IMPOSSIBLE to make the game with the current 3ds.

Then port it to the freaking other console that will have the sequel released on ! Don't make up a whole new system !

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Jranation said:
Teeqoz said:

Jeez, calm down. They also said they had several other games in development exclusively for this model. Does it make you feel better if I say "It's a dick move to their fanbase, IMO"?

It's their fault for giving the original 3DS a crappy CPU.