By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - inFamous Second Son at 1.5 million! People want a Sequel!

Tagged games:

Do these numbers guarantee a sequel

Yes, and I want one 87 53.05%

Yes, but I don't necessarily want one 21 12.80%

No, but I want one 30 18.29%

No, I don't recognize a ... 12 7.32%

Don't know 14 8.54%

Total:164

As for a sequel, I wish Sucker Punch made a new IP, I enjoy inFamous, especially the gameplay side, but it's far from my favourite Sony franchise.

I would be up for more bite sized inFamous games once a year or two though, like First Light, 15-20$ digital games, a couple hours of gameplay. Be more experimental, explore more conduits, focus and flesh out one power. One main quest, cut the side missions to a minimum, they unfortunately suck for the most part and get boring really quick.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

Sucker Punch should really change their name, seriously.

InFAMOUSE did pretty good. But I think Japan wants a Knack Sequal.

infamous 1 was best 2 was medicore and second son i just you know did not like

HaloReach2014 said:
infamous 1 was best 2 was medicore and second son i just you know did not like

Guess this opinion doesn't matter anymore lol. Quickest permaban ever. 

Well, I enjoyed them all equally but somehow each game did something else very good. 

1: Best Story in my opinion but graphics were not that special. Gameplay was solid. (8.5/10)

2: Best gameplay in my opinion and a variety in characters and missions and solid gameplay. Story was nothing special. (8.5/10)

3: Best graphics, obviously and a a lot of fun, nice city. Story was good but beside that some things were repetitive. (8.5/10)

What do I want in game number 4: If they make a sequel they are obligated to get everything perfect now. Top notch Story with some crazy events and top notch variety in gameplay and gameplay needs to feel intense. Graphics part they got that already so I see them having some enhancements and BOOM. A GOTY game. 

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Oh great... its another one of those polls where you can't disagree with the OP.

I think the game sold this much because there isnt much else out. I think a sequal would be risky and i would prefer they put their talent at work on something new.

Or you know, CoD sequals and all that...because.

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:

I think SP should give it a break for now and make a new IP, preferably sticking to their super power expertise.

They also have platforming expertise. Honestly I think SP is one of those studios that can excel at a lot of different genres.

The PS4 bundled with this will more than likely be a black friday deal, so this game will sell a ton this holiday.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

adriane23 said:
platformmaster918 said:
adriane23 said:
Great to hear. I hope they make a sequel with Delsin. He was a lot more fun to play as and I really liked his powers. Second Seon was by far the most enjoyable game out of all three games for me.

let's hope they expand on his moveset though.  sure there were more powers in SS but Cole had a far more diverse set of powers for his one element

Yeah, I hope they give him more melee moves especially. Cole had diverse powers, but honestly, a lot of them weren't worth using for me, like the shield.

but it replenished your eneegy and was a cheap exploit for avoiding damage!

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

If there is a sequal, I hope they rethink the morality aspect. With the way it currently works, there might as well just be an option in the game from the begining "Do you want to be a good guy or bad?" and leave it at that.

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
If there is a sequal, I hope they rethink the morality aspect. With the way it currently works, there might as well just be an option in the game from the begining "Do you want to be a good guy or bad?" and leave it at that.

Interesting thought. This way you could get more people to play a second playthrough and this way they can have two different stories. However this will cost more resources to make I guess if you want to deliver two experiences

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0