By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sunset overdrive results - Predict Bloodborne, Sunset Overdrive & The Order 1886 FW sales

I guess I will try this.

The Order: 1.2 Million
Blood Borne: 1.1 Million
Sunset Overdrive: .4 Million

Reasoning:
The Order is a Third Person Shooter with amazing graphics. It's going to sell on that alone. People really like the setting and environment. Assuming the game is mediocre, it should easily hit Infamous levels. PS4 players are hungry for third person shooters. and their is a bigger userbase on the PS4.

Bloodborne is an RPG that has the hardcore community by the balls. We want it! That being said, I don't see it doing well in the casual and dudebro markets. I don't think there are as many hardcore gamers to overtake The Order.

Sunset Overdrive is the game I want to believe in. It reminds me of the good old days on the Dreamcast. Then reality sets in, and I look at the developers atrocious track record within the last 4 years. I'm going to assume the game turns out well and breaks the trend. Even with it being great, I don't think it will find an audience. I don't see it being a huge success, but not a complete failure either.

I will own all three and am most excited about Sunset Overdrive, even though my gut tells me otherwise. The good news is that I was going to buy a white Xbox One anyway to go along with my white PS4, so I have nothing to lose.

Around the Network

Bloodborne - 300k
The Order - 650k
Sunset Overdrive - 400k

Sunset Overdrive: 300k
The Order 1886: 580k
Bloodborne: 1.5m

The Order 1886 largely depends on whether the game proves to be good or not. And I literally have no idea where the ball is gonna fall which is actually really weird for a AAA game of its budget... But I'm kinda pushed to say it will underperform, especially as it will be launching alongside Witcher 3 and Batman and I'll bet money that it will be worst received of all of them.

Sunset overdrive looks like garunteed fun, will be heavily bundled with the white Xbox One an will be the systems first core exclusive since launch!

Bloodborne will have a mega openning week. Its fanbase is hardcore but its definitely not niche. It will also be a Major system seller in Japan too which will itching for any kind of big budget console RPG.

900k first week is me being a pessimist. I think 1.5m is actually more likely.

The Order- 700k
Bloodborne- 500k
Sunset Overdrive-400k

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Bloodborne: 750k
The Order: 0
Sunset overdrive: 0

Is this for lifetime sales of the game? If it is I predict that:
Bloodborne: 2 million lifetime
Order 1886: 2.5 million lifetime
Sunset Override: 1.1 million lifetime

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Mr.Playstation said:

It says FW in the title (First week) -____-

NobleTeam360 said:
Mr.Playstation said:

It says FW in the title (First week) -____-

What can I say my power of observation is clearly lacking. Thanks for pointing it out . In my defence the rules do say though " Use a game's full name rather than just an abbreviation of it. Starcraft instead of SC. Star Control 2 instead of SC2. Soul Calibur 3 instead of SC3. SimCity 4 instead of SC4. Abbreviations mean different things to different people, so Be Specific."

Anyways I predict:

Bloodborne: 500,000

Order 1886: 600,000

Sunset Override: 350,000

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Demon's Souls sold 1.7million(probably closer to 3million owners due to PS+), FW was only 38k.
Dark Souls sold about 1.8mill on PS3, close to 3mill total including 360. FW Sales were 300k on PS3, 100k for 360.
Dark Souls 2 was 500k FW sales on PS3, 230k on 360

The series speed of sales has progressed with each entry. Knowing that PS4 owners seem to be extremely hungry for new software, and trending has shown many 360 owners jumped to PS4, I say Bloodborne will pull in somewhere between 900k-1.3mill FW.

There seems to be no hype surrounding Sunset Overdrive, so it will start out low I believe. System Bundle sales will help it for sure though. Maybe 150k without Bundle, 400k with Bundle.

The Order: 1886. This game's early previews will assuredly neuter it's potential sales. They have not been consistent, which makes buyers hesitant. Not to mention the game slipped from Holiday lineup and is a totally new IP by a new to console developer. If the game starts to get some stellar previews/reviews right around launch it could change that. My guess is 200k-500k FW sales.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)