By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil Remaster on Wii U: Capcom currently focused on other platforms

Word has it that the Wii U can't even handle the title screen for this game.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
AZWification said:
Burek said:
I thought I've read that there already is a Wii version of this game, and that it is playable on WiiU? Maybe that's why they focus on other platforms that don't have the game at all?

There is the GC original which is playable on the Wii, but not the WiiU!

The's actually a version on the Wii called RE Archives.

Wyrdness said:
AZWification said:

There is the GC original which is playable on the Wii, but not the WiiU!

The's actually a version on the Wii called RE Archives.

Really.. I neve knew RE Archives even existed! :S

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Fusioncode said:
Right totally going to happen. I'm sure most WiiU owners own at least one of those consoles.

Why do people think that? Most Wii U owners are like 12. Don't most console owners in general only own one console?

played the game so I don't really care for a remaster

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

Basically they're saying it would be possible, but it would be an afterthought.

If I were Capcom I would have taken the plunge with this game. It'll hardly be an expensive endeavor and Resident Evil games have historically fit well with the Nintendo audience and all sold good.

Third parties need to be smarter with their decisions on what to put on Nintendo consoles. They've been inconsistent and seemingly random since the very beginning. An RE: Remaster or Kingdom Hearts 3 would definitely sell way more than something like Watch_Dogs or Project Cars ever will. Research, people. Even an indie dev (the one that made Shovel Knight) understood that.

Very irresponsible move from Capcom. First they bring it to ALL consoles and them stich their finger to WiiU. AMAZING!

spemanig said:
Fusioncode said:
Right totally going to happen. I'm sure most WiiU owners own at least one of those consoles.

Why do people think that? Most Wii U owners are like 12. Don't most console owners in general only own one console?

id say no. if we look at HW sales of last gen and SW sales. Id say that gamers at least own two consoles. Look at the sales of COD for PS3 on average versus those of Wii. the gap is MASSIVE despite the fact that Wii has about 20mil more consoles sold

Wyrdness said:

*Capcom currently focused on suing other companies*

Fixed.

Hahaha

Already played many years ago and I can play any day.
Better praying for Revelations 2 and REmake2.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile