By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil Remaster on Wii U: Capcom currently focused on other platforms

oniyide said:

id say no. if we look at HW sales of last gen and SW sales. Id say that gamers at least own two consoles. Look at the sales of COD for PS3 on average versus those of Wii. the gap is MASSIVE despite the fact that Wii has about 20mil more consoles sold

...And you think that's because those guys own two consoles? It's because Wii owners weren't interested in COD.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
oniyide said:

id say no. if we look at HW sales of last gen and SW sales. Id say that gamers at least own two consoles. Look at the sales of COD for PS3 on average versus those of Wii. the gap is MASSIVE despite the fact that Wii has about 20mil more consoles sold

...And you think that's because those guys own two consoles? It's because Wii owners weren't interested in COD.

so you dont think people interested in COD didnt have a WIi? im sure they were considering the Wii version had very comparable sales at the start and got worse over time as the HD ones just got better and better. And its not just COD there a  bunch of multiplats that did worse on Wii, Spidey games, Star Wars FU. etc.

AZWification said:

Meh.. The game I really want to see come out for the WiiU is the rumored Resi 2 remake!

A RE2 REmake would be amazing but I doubt it'll happen any time soon. And if it does it probably won't come to Wii U :(

At least I can still play the original RE2 on the N64

oniyide said:

so you dont think people interested in COD didnt have a WIi? im sure they were considering the Wii version had very comparable sales at the start and got worse over time as the HD ones just got better and better. And its not just COD there a  bunch of multiplats that did worse on Wii, Spidey games, Star Wars FU. etc.

I think that's all the audience. It has nothing to do with being multiconsole.

Nintendo should buy Capcom.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
oniyide said:

I think that's all the audience. It has nothing to do with being multiconsole.

you didnt disprove my point though. Unless you believe that there is NO overlap at all between people who bought the Wii and people who bought either of the HD consoles. you could believe that but IMHO that would lead down a road that most wont agree with.

gingergaymer said:
AZWification said:

Meh.. The game I really want to see come out for the WiiU is the rumored Resi 2 remake!

A RE2 REmake would be amazing but I doubt it'll happen any time soon. And if it does it probably won't come to Wii U :(

At least I can still play the original RE2 on the N64

You're probably right about that one..... Damn it, Capcom!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---