By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Germany:Demand for PS4 is x6 higher than for the 2nd most popular console (WiiU)! LTD PS4: 540k / WiiU: 350k / X1: 170k. *Undertracked by over 65k for WiiU!

Go Wii U!!

Around the Network

I have a little more information for you guys.

In Germany console sales rank as followed:
PS4>Wii-U>PS3>Xbox 360>Xbox One

If the X1 is also selling this poorly in the other European countries, it pretty much went past the point of no return for the continent...

When I see such news and posts, I feel like an ORACLE with omens about the future because of every single one of my estimates turning out to be true.

Here is my sales estimate for the 8th Generation, 1 year earlier, originating at the 2013 Expo

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

European Market Share Estimate between XB1 and PS4

XB1 : 15-25 % vs PS4 : 75-85%

So it was obvious to me that PS4 would sell AT LEAST 3 TIMES AS MANY in overall Europe, and even more in the continental Europe.

I also expressed many times that, even at price parity, PS4 will sell more in English Speaking Countries as well, including US & UK. The power of Xbox brand is blown out of proportion. The earlier generations advantage was due to, early start, price advantage, and network effects... ALL GONE now...

Now people are saying IT IS THE PS2 ALL OVER AGAIN... and yet I said the exact same thing numerous times with scientific & statistical estimates backing it up...PS4 lifetime sales estimate 132.3 to 168.9 million

Then we see huge XB1 overtracking in US, and you know what I had said it too! : Is XB1 significantly overtracked in US?

People are now starting to believe that PS4 will sell over 15 million by the end of 2014, yet I had said it already many times!

PS4 estimated to sell 17 million & XB1 10 million by the end of 2014

2014 End Sales Estimates, more convincing than ever

Also people were harshly dismissing the WiiU for not selling well and claiming it won't go past 15 million or so. I begged to differ. The estimates below, though, includes an 8 year duration (similar to PS4) but I don't think it will last that long, so you can assume the lower end of the given estimate (20-30 million)  :WiiU lifetime sales estimate 24.7 to 49.4 million

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

Very very nice.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
freedquaker said:

When I see such news and posts, I feel like an ORACLE with omens about the future because of every single one of my estimates turning out to be true.

Here is my sales estimate for the 8th Generation, 1 year earlier, originating at the 2013 Expo

European Market Share Estimate between XB1 and PS4

XB1 : 15-25 % vs PS4 : 75-85%

So it was obvious to me that PS4 would sell AT LEAST 3 TIMES AS MANY in overall Europe, and even more in the continental Europe.

I also expressed many times that, even at price parity, PS4 will sell more in English Speaking Countries as well, including US & UK. The power of Xbox brand is blown out of proportion. The earlier generations advantage was due to, early start, price advantage, and network effects... ALL GONE now...

Now people are saying IT IS THE PS2 ALL OVER AGAIN... and yet I said the exact same thing numerous times with scientific & statistical estimates backing it up...PS4 lifetime sales estimate 132.3 to 168.9 million

Then we see huge XB1 overtracking in US, and you know what I had said it too! : Is XB1 significantly overtracked in US?

People are now starting to believe that PS4 will sell over 15 million by the end of 2014, yet I had said it already many times!

PS4 estimated to sell 17 million & XB1 10 million by the end of 2014

2014 End Sales Estimates, more convincing than ever

Also people were harshly dismissing the WiiU for not selling well and claiming it won't go past 15 million or so. I begged to differ. The estimates below, though, includes an 8 year duration (similar to PS4) but I don't think it will last that long, so you can assume the lower end of the given estimate (20-30 million)  :WiiU lifetime sales estimate 24.7 to 49.4 million

Hail hail!

I've had the same things said for a long time. I even wrote some articles about it where I was as diplomatic as possible (I have a lot of XB fan friends), but it was still clear as day to me.

September : 650k PS4 vs 175k X1 in the US :)

Aura7541 said:
If the X1 is also selling this poorly in the other European countries, it pretty much went past the point of no return for the continent...

Maybe the Tier 2 countries will give it a decent boost in Europe, but nothing beyond that.. :S

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Pavolink said:

So, Ps4 ever overtracked and Wii U ndertracked?

PS4/XB1 sales numbers are till end of June/start of July and have been posted here before

celador said:

Not surprised X1 is doing so badly in continental when the console is so American-centric. MS can hardly be surprised

In the UK the ads for X1 are everywhere but I really hate the way the ads come across.

Some gun-ho America dude that sounds like Rocky talking military garbage to a British audience. If that is what they think of us Brits I am dissapointed.

This is not the freaking 1950s or even the 1980s.

Not really surprised about what's happening in Germany. Since that guy (can't remember his name, but you know the one) stated that MS are working closely with the NSA followed by the German spying scandal this was expected. Even the German government has apparently banned Windows software.

Advertising your product in such an enviroment might prove to be even more counter-productive so maybe MS is doing the best thing by lying low with the ads in Germany.

justinian said:
celador said:

Not surprised X1 is doing so badly in continental when the console is so American-centric. MS can hardly be surprised

In the UK the ads for X1 are everywhere but I really hate the way the ads come across.

Some gun-ho America dude that sounds like Rocky talking military garbage to a British audience. If that is what they think of us Brits I am dissapointed.

This is not the freaking 1950s or even the 1980s.

Not really surprised about what's happening in Germany. Since that guy (can't remember his name, but you know the one) stated that MS are working closely with the NSA followed by the German spying scandal this was expected. Even the German government has apparently banned Windows software.

Advertising your product in such an enviroment might prove to be even more counter-productive so maybe MS is doing the best thing by lying low with the ads in Germany.

Yes that ad is horrendously cringeworthy, and a tad pretentious even.  The words of the speech just don't translate to a games console very well at all, I'm really not sure what they were going for.  The Titanfall one with Aaron Paul (?) was far better