By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Germany:Demand for PS4 is x6 higher than for the 2nd most popular console (WiiU)! LTD PS4: 540k / WiiU: 350k / X1: 170k. *Undertracked by over 65k for WiiU!

Nintendo 3ds and tomodachi life are undertracked in Germany, as well.
3ds has sold more than 2M, and Tomodachi Life 100k.

http://www.mediabiz.de/games/news/wii-u-350-000-konsolen-in-deutschland-verkauft/384265

Around the Network
RealGamingExpert said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
MK8 truely is a beast and I think it once again proves the power of Nintendo first party titles

Makes me wonder if Smash will have the same effect!

Most likely lolll. I think Smash and Amiibo will sell like free virgin sex with ice cream sundaes

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Burek said:
Nem said:
These values are in synch with what i see around the shops here in mainland europe. It should also be taken into account that second tier countries imported some of those X1's, so the install base might be even lower in the tier 1 markets.

Europe is definitly looking like a difficult sell to microsoft. It is logical to me, because we europeans dont easily take the kind of abuse that happened on that reveal and E3 and forgive easily. Added to that, the Playstation brand has always sponsored the Champions league with made the Playstation the most popular system in europe.
As far as europe goes, this is PS2 all over again.

It is still a mystery to me why anyone would choose XOne over PS4, except if they are really really huge fans of a few games and simply cannot live without them.

Because in every other category PS4 is superior and offers much better value for money.

Thus it's not surprising that WiiU is 2nd, because it offers something for those interested in a different kind of games.

Yes. The X1 will sell to the most hardcore audience because of their exclusives. But that hardcore segment crosses over alot with the PS4 segment.

Nintendo offers a style of gaming that is different and logically appeals more as a second console purchase that offers something different. In short, the Wii U manages to differentiate itself more through their software than the Xbox One does.

Wii U second is fantastic news.

XBOX ONE is Doomed.........in the EU

Your numbers for the PS4 and the Xbox one are old.

They are the sales through for both consoles up until the end of june.

source : http://www.boerse-online.de/nachrichten/aktien/Sony-Aktie-Japaner-ziehen-in-Deutschland-mit-der-PS4-Microsofts-Xbox-One-davon-1000231563

Around the Network
MK8 truely is a beast and I think it once again proves the power of Nintendo first party titles

Really ? so pretand no other games were realeased and failed to do anything.  Actually what it did prove its that its the only ip they have that can move console hardware these days, so it in reality proved opposite of what you are claiming.  All the ninty releasesprior to kart really show its first party power is no where what many of you claim it is.  

RealGamingExpert said:

I believe it'll help out really well in the long run, but the difference from mk8 is that the sales will explode from week 1 for wiiu (in comparison). SSB will be the bigger system seller, but MK8 will outsell SSBU lifetime

tbone51 said:
RealGamingExpert said:

I believe it'll help out really well in the long run, but the difference from mk8 is that the sales will explode from week 1 for wiiu (in comparison). SSB will be the bigger system seller, but MK8 will outsell SSBU lifetime

It's really hard to tell that because of the holiday season. :s

I doubt that it will be a bigger system seller than MK8 though, especially after the reveal of the DLCs.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

AkiseAru said:
Nintendo 3ds and tomodachi life are undertracked in Germany, as well.
3ds has sold more than 2M, and Tomodachi Life 100k.

http://www.mediabiz.de/games/news/wii-u-350-000-konsolen-in-deutschland-verkauft/384265

Oh really! Thankz, adding to the opening! Crazy Nintendo Undertracked!!!

Not bad. But sales will plummet from here until HW (hopefully it does give a boost), so I'll hold to my hat.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988