By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GTA5 getting too big for PS3 12GB...

MoHasanie said:
Sony and MS shouldn't be selling these low memory models anymore.

Why not? You can be sure these models move a lot of hardware still.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
MoHasanie said:
Sony and MS shouldn't be selling these low memory models anymore.

Why not? You can be sure these models move a lot of hardware still.

Because their memory is not enough. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Hynad said:
Well, the game is also completely unplayable on the 4Gb Xbox 360. Or so I've been told.

The fact that developers even released a game that couldn't run on a certain number of consoles is beyond me and there should have been way more outrage imo. It should have been a PS4/Xbone game from the start... sales be damned.

Hynad said:

Can you play it off a stock 4GB XBox 360? No?

So that wasn't a presumption on my part. 

Have a good day.

"Well, the game is also completely unplayable on the 4Gb Xbox 360. Or so I've been told." Completely unplayable implies that console 4GB console can't play it at all. But the solution is simply a USB memory stick. You assumed a HDD was required for the 360 as well.

Ultimately, if the PS3 allowed USB storage as well this wouldn't be as big of an issue.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

prayformojo said:
Hynad said:
Well, the game is also completely unplayable on the 4Gb Xbox 360. Or so I've been told.

The fact that developers even released a game that couldn't run on a certain number of consoles is beyond me and there should have been way more outrage imo. It should have been a PS4/Xbone game from the start... sales be damned.

Once again, for GTAV on the 360 you can use a USB memory stick for more storage. That's a cheap and simple solution for those who didn't get the HDD.

However, there are several games that are unplayable unless you have a HDD (Destiny for example on both PS3 and 360). Developers are clearly putting less effort in 7th gen ports.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
prayformojo said:
Hynad said:

Once again, for GTAV on the 360 you can use a USB memory stick for more storage. That's a cheap and simple solution for those who didn't get the HDD.

However, there are several games that are unplayable unless you have a HDD (Destiny for example on both PS3 and 360). Developers are clearly putting less effort in 7th gen ports.

I don't care how "easy" it is to go out to the store and make the console you bought able to play the latest games. These are CONSOLES, not PCs. The concept is suppose to be about buying a machine and then never having to worry about being able to play games for said machine again. This isn't the case with GTA5 and it's BS imo. If I wanted to be a PC gamer and deal with such headaches, I would be a PC gamer and deal with headaches.

Mr Puggsly said:
Hynad said:

Can you play it off a stock 4GB XBox 360? No?

So that wasn't a presumption on my part. 

Have a good day.

Can you play PS3 12GB with a USB memory stick? No, just a HDD. If you could use a USB memory sticks on PS3 for more storage this wouldn't be an issue.

You assumed a HDD was required for the 360 as well.

I didn't assume anything. The fact is you can't play the game with a stock 4GB 360. You need to buy something outside of the game and console to be allowed to play. You're only trying to dismiss this point by downplaying the issue on the basis that "you only need a USB memory stick to play it". News flash, USB memory sticks don't appear from thin air. You need to buy them too. Even if they're not as expensive as a laptop HDD. Although memory size for memory size, they're much more expensive...

I wonder if it would work on a 512mb Wii. :P

nice

The thing that would be bad if you buy a GTA V PS3 bundle that was with the 12GB version...Then you would have a console that can't play the game without buying something extra but honestly no real issue here..

prayformojo said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I don't care how "easy" it is to go out to the store and make the console you bought able to play the latest games. These are CONSOLES, not PCs. The concept is suppose to be about buying a machine and then never having to worry about being able to play games for said machine again. This isn't the case with GTA5 and it's BS imo. If I wanted to be a PC gamer and deal with such headaches, I would be a PC gamer and deal with headaches.

You really think getting a USB memory stick is the same kind of nuisance as PC upgrades?

Sounds like you're grasping at straws.

Recently Completed