By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 getting Legend Of Zelda DLC (November), along with Animal Cross DLC (May 2015).

Are you buying the DLC?

HELL YEAH I AM!!!!! 225 92.59%

No I Am Not Cause I Am Ag... 18 7.41%

Total:243
jonathanalis said:
About the online gaming, if someone doesnt have the DLC tracks, will he/she be able to play with people who have the DLC tracks? How will they handle this?

Well I would assume those courses won't come up for selection when you're asked to pick a track in online races, even if you pick 'random'. Nintendo's not going to let people play new stuff that you need to buy, for free, while others do have to pay for it.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

YES!

2 New Cups (possibly one retro one new), a few new vehicles and a couple of characters was almost EXACTLY what I reckoned would make a good DLC pack - possibly later going for some better battle courses and some vehicles / characters.

Did not expect to see Link introduced, or for any DLC until next year (when the second pack is coming). That and Dry Bowser are awesome to see. Hopefully this can keep Mario Kart 8's momentum going.

Let's get this out of the way: Way to fucking waste another two spots on more Mario and Peach clones, Nintendo.

Clyde32 said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
Now, that is some proper game advertisng.
Hopefully this means AC, Excitebike/truck and F Zero are coming to Wii U.

Or maybe i'm too optimistic.

Amiibo. That's why a lot of these are there. 

Makes sense!!! Can't wait for Direct now dammit.

This is too good to be true!!

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

Wow more pics!!!

So far we have (for tracks)

~Wario Mine (Wii) Retro track

~AC

~LoZ

~Excite Bike

~F Zero

Ahhhh Yeeeeesss

Where? I don't see any Zelda track.

mZuzek said:
Cheebee said:

Well I would assume those courses won't come up for selection when you're asked to pick a track in online races, even if you pick 'random'. Nintendo's not going to let people play new stuff that you need to buy, for free, while others do have to pay for it.

So everyone who actually gets the DLC can't race online on the new courses? That would essentially make it useless.

Maybe they'll just make it so people who have the DLC can't randomly matchup against people who don't, or have a separate section on the online menu for DLC-enabled gameplay.

That would make sense, yes. Anyway, I don't see them letting people who haven't purchased the DLC, use it.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

DLC... oh... happens...

But Link, F-Zero, Animal Crossing??????????? They are drunk.

Nintendo should do a Zelda U based Direct in that they show these MK8 DLCs and announce Animal Crossing U.

I think this orange block with questions marks can be because it is a course based on an unannaunced game.