By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - why is an "all in one entertainment system" not desired when it comes to gaming consoles?

Do you use your cell phone while you poo?

Yes, i am disgusting 69 50.36%

No, i have no life 37 27.01%

See Results 31 22.63%

Total:137

I have a laptop PC for all my entertainment needs and it isn't limited by the innards inside. I can do just about anything on it. My PS4 and Wii U are for gaming and for brief Internet surfing only. That's what consoles need to be made for. At this point, everybody has a laptop PC, smartphone or tablet and that's what they use for their all-in-one entertainment needs.

I remember Rick Dyer's Halcyon system; they talked about it in Electronic Games back in 1984. I wanted one of those as a kid. Sadly, they are the least known victims of the Great Video Game Crash. There is a website devoted to these early laser-disc systems and their games.

Around the Network

The Xbox One didn't not sell because it's an all in one entertainment device. It didn't sell because there's no worthwhile incentive to pay $100 extra for the Xbox One than the PS4,

Kinect? Everyone was already burned by how the first one failed to work. Use your Xbox One as a cable box, provided that you pay not only cable service but also another cable box to pass through your Xbox. What's the point of that? Then to top it all off, most of the features require Xbox Live Gold to even work. Granted Microsoft now allows services like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc, to now function without having Gold, but too little too late. The damage is already done.

The Xbox One is the same price as the PS4 now, but it also has half the sales of the PS4 as well. The bro gamers are the ones that make up the majority of console gamers and they're going to buy either what's popular or what their friends already own.

As long as my console can play Netflix and blu-rays it works for me.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Gaming first. Afterwards implement all the other features. I can throw stuff (movies, music or just stream the screen) with my xperia Z2 and Bravia 2. So that basically replaces a lot. Or just hook up my laptop with my television. PS4 and (3D) Blu-rays work good too. Better than Ps3.

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0