By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we stop down playing ea access now?

Has Sony decided it's a value for their customers yet? No? Gotta keep downplaying.

Around the Network
Serious_frusting said:
If you want to subscribe to ea for your gaming pleasure do it. You cannot force other people to agree with your opinion.

Are you going to subscribe to every other publisher if this takes off?

Ubisoft
Squarenix
Capcom
Activision

I think you must be starting to get the point

This is true. You know if other companies see this working they are going to follow.

I don't understand why people think EA would lop off part of their games and make it Access exclusive. This isn't a service like XBLG or PS+ where a huge portion of gamers subscribe because they basically have to, this is an optional fan driven service. It would make no sense. They'd lose more revenue than the subscriptions would ever bring in.

Landguy said:
Blah, Blah ,Blah....

That's all I hear I response to EAA. It's going to ruin gaming, It's $5 month(actually $2.50), it'll ruin game access.

For all of the complaining people do about how they hate EA to begin with this is just too funny.

If this service or others that will come just like it are so bad, they will be shunned by the public. People said the same thing about Xbox Live. PS+ (competition) prove that if there are multiple different companies with similar services, they will make the product and its services better to compete. EAA and its eventual followers will get better and better over time.

I don't hate EA, I think they produce great games and fund a lot in the industry. People should shun it but how the industry works worries us, some owners did shun Xbox Live but enough paid for it that MS made money (presume the same with PS+) and this is the bit that appeals to EA and other companies, doesn't matter how many don't sign up, as long as a certain amount do. If it proves successful, Live and Plus will be made less of a deal when EA and other companies decide to keep their games for their services and not allow them to be played on Games for Gold or Plus, because they want them for their service.

LudicrousSpeed said:
I don't understand why people think EA would lop off part of their games and make it Access exclusive. This isn't a service like XBLG or PS+ where a huge portion of gamers subscribe because they basically have to, this is an optional fan driven service. It would make no sense. They'd lose more revenue than the subscriptions would ever bring in.

Ding ding, we have a winner. If EA make certin exclusive stuff available only to EA Access, people will susbcriber because they 'have to'. Even Xbox Live and PS+ is optional.

Hmm, pie.

I think that you're being narrowsighted and only looking at the immediate benefits, OP. I feel that a lot of the gamers discrediting EAA are looking at the long-term strategy and realizing the potential cons to this service. First, I believe EA may seem like a sweet deal right now in order to get you hooked but we have yet to see what kind of pattern this service will trend. Secondly, the precedent this can set for other companies is not good. It's taking away games from PS+ and GWG subscribers, more so as each vendor rolls out their own version;

On top of that you need to realize the potential of this service abusing consumers goodwill with exclusive DLC only available from X service, certain content (not DLC but launch content) locked away under the subscription, etc. Already we've seen an article about how NHL15 has a few modes removed from the next gen version and some are speculating that they will magically become available with an EA Access account.

Now that may be fine and dandy for you, but the vast majority of players won't subscribe and are getting screwed out of a product they presumed to be complete upon purchase. Sure you can disregard everyone else, but then your opinion will mean a lot less to the rest of us that aren't as selfish.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:

EA has done it before with perorder bonuses and on-disc DLC. Give it time, EA will find a way to screw things up. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Just sold my Fifa 14 copy to Gamestop so I will finance my EA Access sub.
I will try Battlefield 4, Peggle 2, Madden 25 and get to keep playing Fifa 14.
All for $5 and for a month.
Or should I rent FF XIII-2 for 4 hours and $5? LOL

Goatseye said:

That was unnecessary and you know it.

naruball said:
Goatseye said:

A comparison? Unnecessary?

Why?

naruball said:
Goatseye said:

I honestly wouldn't bother. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!