By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we stop down playing ea access now?

ea = big pile of garbage. thats why.

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:
A_C_E said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
Burek said:
kinisking said:
Serious_frusting said:
If you want to subscribe to ea for your gaming pleasure do it. You cannot force other people to agree with your opinion.

Are you going to subscribe to every other publisher if this takes off?

Ubisoft
Squarenix
Capcom
Activision

I think you must be starting to get the point

Why not? Each game usually costs 60. I don't mind playing 30 a year for each pub

Each game will still cost $60. The ones you get for $30 will be the ones you can get for less than $30 elsewhere...

Yeah and it just means games from those publishers wont appear on games with gold (or PS+ if they appear on playstation), which devalues those subscriptions.

Where is it stated that games on one subsciption can't show up on another? Its possible and likely they could go that route but its also possible for a game to show up in multiple subscriptions as in being able to be played on EA Access, PS+ and Games with Gold at the same time. Speculation = unproven facts. Whether EA Access is a good deal or not is subjective, some people will like the games on the service and some people won't.

Everyone still has the option to buy old games or new games at whatever the MSRP is, no ones forcing anyone to pay for GWG, PS+ or EA Access. The people who desire EA Access will pay for EA Access.

The world isn't perfect and not everything is going to please everyone, but some things will please some people and EA is betting on EA Access to gain more traction for the gaming crowd.

If I wanted many games on EA Access and the service only charged me $30 a year I'm preeeeeetty sure I'm going to save alot of money purchasing the subscription. Like I said, its all subjective.

This isn't necessarily a response towards you so much as the thread.

Even in that case, its still devaluing the subscription since you would be given the same game while paying two fees.

Now where is it written that EA will be willing to put their games on games with gold? Why would they? every time they put a game on games with gold, thats just 1 less reason to own EA access then.

If your playing the same game while paying two fees then your doing something wrong. If you have PS Plus and EA Access you have a plethora of games to choose from month to month, year over year. If someone doesn't like the service, they don't have to pay. Valuation is based off of ones preference, if there are many games on either service that I want to play and I'm going to save money from the service then I'm going to sign up. If theres only one game on EA Access that I want to play I'm obviously not going to sign up.

Its not written anywhere that EA will be willing to put their games on GWG, I never said they would in fact I said they could and most possibly would keep their games exclusive to their own service. I was pointing out that speculation = unproven fact. Why would EA put a game on GWG when they already have it on another service? It's all about broadening your audience and not all of EA's games are on EA Access. The games that don't show up on EA Access could very well show up on PS Plus or GWG. The more subscriptions your games are on the more you broaden the userbase.