By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we stop down playing ea access now?

Nope, bad for the industry. I'll keep moaning about it until this industry gives up on the idea of segregating our hobby into their own little money pots. Don't expect any Games for Gold to ever be EA games now.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Did I miss the part where you get to play game for free on EA Access?
Are there games in the Vault that I can play whenever I want and for how long I want for free with no limit? Cause I keep reading some people saying you get to play game for free...

ironmanDX said:

It was hypocritical. I'm just annoyed at it and it's coming through. My apologies, intrinsic. 

Ea access is an optional subscription. It's not like it's going to stop shops selling second hand games. I'm not sure if affordable games will be an issue. 

Sign up to, for arguments sake, ea access, Ubisoft and Activision for 90 a year. That's a massive amount of games, really. You'll save mountains of cash. 

Only negative I see is to gamestop and the like as well as smaller development companies. Let's see how it plays out though first, right? 

as i said, in theory its a great idea. But my concern is that its not one that should be spread across every single content provider. Which is inevitably what will happen when/if this picks up.

And that $90 for a lot of games thing? you currently subcribing to any cable network? now look at what they give you.... tons of movies! but how old are they? and how many really good ones haven't you already seen. 

like movies, the games will also come at least 9 months to a year+ after their disc debut. What that means is that in 2 years, the only games worth getting for free on the service will be games you didn't care enough about to get when they were new. You may call it "games", i see it as filler.

And lastly, this is just a start, if this thing picks up, believe me when i say it wouldn't be optional anymore. EA, Ubi,Activision...etc, will eventually claim that they have dedicated servers running their games and the only way to play online is on their servers which (you guessed it) will be behind a paywall. then those prices will start to climb. I am certain of this, cause if i were them, and i am getting away with all that they are doing (ps+/xbl included), its exactly what i would do.

People have every reason to downplay EA access, thanks to it a new buisness model has already started with other companies such as Ubisoft already thinking of making one themselves. If that happeans and other companies follw suit we will end up paying 100's of dollars per year if we want the full experiance on our console. After all of this, how long will it take companies to realise that they can gimp content on their game and then start making them "Ea access" or "Ubisoft access" exclusive, meaning if one really wants to enjoy the game he needs to have a subscription therefore paying extra on his 60 dollar game. Ea access is a bad buisness model not for companies but for consumers.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

ironmanDX said:
It wouldn't be downplayed if it was on Sony consoles too. Let's face it. I mean, everything xbox gets downplayed as do things from Nintendo and to a lesser extent, Sony. You'd have to be blind not to see it's value.

Keep it classy, VGC.

Pretty sure EA was hated as a company even before the MS deal. IF anything, this is the first time that gamers defend EA and the only reason that this is happening is because it's exclusive to MS. I'd bet anything that if this was an exclusive service on ps4, xb fans would have a completely different attitude about it.

(same with some Sony fans. They'd say it's good while now they say it sucks. And no I'm not talking about the level-headed fellas here).

Around the Network

i think ea access looks really cool

I hate some behaviours EA has (or had, I don't know now, I didn't give them another chance) with f2p games on Android, but as for retail games, I have at least one in my backlog, so I'll give EA a chance on it, and anyway, what pissed me off so much applies only to f2p games with in-game currency, specifically Real Racing 3.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

This is either going to end badly for EA, or us. There is no scenario where everyone is going to come out smelling like a rose. There is going to come a time where there will be exclusive content available to only those who have EA Access, and then even if you only like 1 EA game (for instance Battlefield) you will be forced to pay for something that isn't worth the price or miss out.

Blah, Blah ,Blah....

That's all I hear I response to EAA. It's going to ruin gaming, It's $5 month(actually $2.50), it'll ruin game access.

For all of the complaining people do about how they hate EA to begin with this is just too funny.

If this service or others that will come just like it are so bad, they will be shunned by the public. People said the same thing about Xbox Live. PS+ (competition) prove that if there are multiple different companies with similar services, they will make the product and its services better to compete. EAA and its eventual followers will get better and better over time.

It is near the end of the end....

I personally don't like EA in the least but if I had an Xbox One still I'd get EA Access just for the OP's reasons alone. I wish Sony would allow this on Playstation. Glad EA Access exists, its gonna be interesting to see how successful it is and how many other publishers follow suit.