By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we stop down playing ea access now?

Gaming subscriptions, digital games, cloud gaming = total DRM. Fuck that.

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
naruball said:
Goatseye said:
Just sold my Fifa 14 copy to Gamestop so I will finance my EA Access sub.
I will try Battlefield 4, Peggle 2, Madden 25 and get to keep playing Fifa 14.
All for $5 and for a month.
Or should I rent FF XIII-2 for 4 hours and $5? LOL

That was unnecessary and you know it.

I honestly wouldn't bother. 

You're right. I'll just stop here.

Fusioncode said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
I don't understand why people think EA would lop off part of their games and make it Access exclusive. This isn't a service like XBLG or PS+ where a huge portion of gamers subscribe because they basically have to, this is an optional fan driven service. It would make no sense. They'd lose more revenue than the subscriptions would ever bring in.

EA has done it before with perorder bonuses and on-disc DLC. Give it time, EA will find a way to screw things up. 

And Microsoft has had preorder bonuses and day one DLC (and probably on-disc DLC, idk). And they have rushed broken MP games out knowingly. And also infused games with microtransaction bullsh. Yet, AFAIK they haven't chopped off pieces of their games and made them XBLG exclusive, or made entire games XBLG exclusive. The only exception here is MP related stuff, hence "people subscribe because they basically have to".

And Sony has had preorder bonuses and day one DLC (and probably on-disc DLC, idk). And they have rushed broken MP games out knowingly. And also infused games with microtransaction bullsh. Yet, AFAIK they haven't chopped off pieces of their games and made them PS+ exclusive, or made entire  games PS+ exclusive. The only exception here is MP related stuff, hence "people subscribe because they have to".

It's not going to happen. People aren't going to react to parts of EA games being locked behind EA Access in an "oooo I gotta subscribe" type of way, it would be a "hey fuck that noise!" kind of way.

Serious_frusting said:
If you want to subscribe to ea for your gaming pleasure do it. You cannot force other people to agree with your opinion.

Are you going to subscribe to every other publisher if this takes off?

Ubisoft
Squarenix
Capcom
Activision

I think you must be starting to get the point

Why not? Each game usually costs 60. I don't mind playing 30 a year for each pub

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

kinisking said:
Serious_frusting said:
If you want to subscribe to ea for your gaming pleasure do it. You cannot force other people to agree with your opinion.

Ubisoft
Squarenix
Capcom
Activision

Why not? Each game usually costs 60. I don't mind playing 30 a year for each pub

Each game will still cost $60. The ones you get for $30 will be the ones you can get for less than $30 elsewhere...

Around the Network
Burek said:
kinisking said:
Serious_frusting said:

Ubisoft
Squarenix
Capcom
Activision

Each game will still cost $60. The ones you get for $30 will be the ones you can get for less than $30 elsewhere...

Yeah and it just means games from those publishers wont appear on games with gold (or PS+ if they appear on playstation), which devalues those subscriptions.

fps_d0minat0r said:
Burek said:
kinisking said:
Serious_frusting said:

Ubisoft
Squarenix
Capcom
Activision

Yeah and it just means games from those publishers wont appear on games with gold (or PS+ if they appear on playstation), which devalues those subscriptions.

Agree with you and Burek, for us gamers it's a lose-lose situation if this business model becomes widespread.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I'm downplaying EA access because the service isn't what EA advertised when they announced.

fps_d0minat0r said:
Burek said:
kinisking said:
Serious_frusting said:

Ubisoft
Squarenix
Capcom
Activision

Where is it stated that games on one subsciption can't show up on another? Its possible and likely they could go that route but its also possible for a game to show up in multiple subscriptions as in being able to be played on EA Access, PS+ and Games with Gold at the same time. Speculation = unproven facts. Whether EA Access is a good deal or not is subjective, some people will like the games on the service and some people won't.

Everyone still has the option to buy old games or new games at whatever the MSRP is, no ones forcing anyone to pay for GWG, PS+ or EA Access. The people who desire EA Access will pay for EA Access.

The world isn't perfect and not everything is going to please everyone, but some things will please some people and EA is betting on EA Access to gain more traction for the gaming crowd.

If I wanted many games on EA Access and the service only charged me $30 a year I'm preeeeeetty sure I'm going to save alot of money purchasing the subscription. Like I said, its all subjective.

This isn't necessarily a response towards you so much as the thread.

A_C_E said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
Burek said:
kinisking said:
Serious_frusting said:

Ubisoft
Squarenix
Capcom
Activision

Where is it stated that games on one subsciption can't show up on another? Its possible and likely they could go that route but its also possible for a game to show up in multiple subscriptions as in being able to be played on EA Access, PS+ and Games with Gold at the same time. Speculation = unproven facts. Whether EA Access is a good deal or not is subjective, some people will like the games on the service and some people won't.

Everyone still has the option to buy old games or new games at whatever the MSRP is, no ones forcing anyone to pay for GWG, PS+ or EA Access. The people who desire EA Access will pay for EA Access.

The world isn't perfect and not everything is going to please everyone, but some things will please some people and EA is betting on EA Access to gain more traction for the gaming crowd.

If I wanted many games on EA Access and the service only charged me $30 a year I'm preeeeeetty sure I'm going to save alot of money purchasing the subscription. Like I said, its all subjective.

This isn't necessarily a response towards you so much as the thread.

Even in that case, its still devaluing the subscription since you would be given the same game while paying two fees.

Now where is it written that EA will be willing to put their games on games with gold? Why would they? every time they put a game on games with gold, thats just 1 less reason to own EA access then.