By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we stop down playing ea access now?

This is almost as bad as "PS now"

I'm honestly ashamed to be part of a group (gamers) who are happy to pay to rent things digitally.

Eventually well all be paying multiple " access " deals and spend hundreds and lose our rights of ownership.

Around the Network
Tamron said:
ironmanDX said:

You are. More money for the devs and less second hand sales going to gamestop and others?

Less second hand games isn't exactly a good thing, not everyone can afford subscription services and full retail games.

I find it somewhat hypocritical of you to say people must be blind to not see the value, then in the very next post, shrug off an observation of the services drawbacks for the industry as a whole, as "spin", way to be impartial.

You attacked his point as if he was trolling/flaming, yet he states both eaa and ps+ are good ideas, just because he choses to look outside of the box and consider the impact the success of this service will have on the industry as a whole, does not make it spin, it makes him not blind to cause and effect.

It was hypocritical. I'm just annoyed at it and it's coming through. My apologies, intrinsic. 

Ea access is an optional subscription. It's not like it's going to stop shops selling second hand games. I'm not sure if affordable games will be an issue. 

Sign up to, for arguments sake, ea access, Ubisoft and Activision for 90 a year. That's a massive amount of games, really. You'll save mountains of cash. 

Only negative I see is to gamestop and the like as well as smaller development companies. Let's see how it plays out though first, right? 

As a gamer of 20+ years I have to say EA access is one of the worst ideas ever and seriously the first thing that I could legitimately see being the downfall of my favorite hobby. It adds little value while taking away value from legitimate services like games with gold and PS+. You're paying a yearly subscription...you're practically paying to bring down the industry. Ubisoft has already expressed interest in a similar service. That's two HUGE publishers that suddenly won't provide their games on games with gold or PS+ (if Sony let them on their console) and you're paying more money to play the same games you could be playing on games with gold or PS+. Yeah you don't have to buy them but if you get multiple publishers doing this and content is being locked behind the subscription then that will quickly kill the industry. I only do physical copies anyway but even that could have content that's locked unless you sign into the subscription. MS may have single handedly begun the worst movement in the video game industry when they tried to get a one up on Sony and let EA Access exist on their console. RIP gaming

EA Access is directly targeting the used game market. I guess we all know, with certainty, one of the leading gaming companies that wanted Microsoft to implement DRM. This just gives me even more reason to never buy an EA game ever again...

And you people do realize that when you pay for these subscriptions you don't suddenly get every game for free right? I see people say that even if you were paying 90 a year for 3 subscriptions you're saving a ton of cash. No...you still have to buy those games. You may get a few bucks off the retail price but you're paying for that discount. You're literally paying money to pay less money for games...if its like 5 dollars off a game you would have to buy 6 games per subscription to break even and 7 games to actually save money...its not like you pay them 30 bucks and suddenly you get Dragon Age for free...no you pay 30 bucks and get dragon age for 55 dollars...plus the added benefit the of locked content that non subscribers won't have and games with gold/PS+ members won't have access to these games...if people honestly see this as a good idea they may be the blind ones

Around the Network

Welcome to the Digital future. Its so nice and cozy~ xD

EA Access is a program that takes content away from Live Subscribers and puts it into another service. Taking things like demos, which used to be free, and assigning a monetary value to them. I recently saw a sale on PSN that had discounts on EA games and DLC. These deals are included in the PS+ subscription.

CosmicSex said:
EA Access is a program that takes content away from Live Subscribers and puts it into another service. Taking things like demos, which used to be free, and assigning a monetary value to them. I recently saw a sale on PSN that had discounts on EA games and DLC. These deals are included in the PS+ subscription.

This guy gets it:) I do like how you pointed out one thing I forgot to mention. You have to pay for demos...how pathetic is that

Im going to pay for a year in the near future. Oh yeaaaaaaaa

snooter515 said:
CosmicSex said:

This guy gets it:) I do like how you pointed out one thing I forgot to mention. You have to pay for demos...how pathetic is that

And its working :( http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/22/fans-paying-twice-to-use-ea-access-for-madden-nfl-15-4842128/
Gamers have no backbone nor foresight.

Let's see if Sony takes note and starts renting early access to new games on PSNow by the hour... That's what this industry is heading too, tiered releases. Rental eriod first, then digital sales, lastly physical. Just like movies, cinema first, buy digital 2 weeks before rental and physical.