By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Don't Bet Against Nintendo, Amiibo Could Be a Big Hit, GameStop Says

So this means the margin profits will be huge. I myself thought about 1000% for each (retailer and Nintendo):
Miboo cost: 1 dollar.
Nintendo margin: 10 dollars
Retailer margin: 10 dollars.
Taxes: 5 dollars.
End price: 26 dollars.

That means huge profit indeed, even with low sales. Like, with 2 million adopters buying an average of 5 figurines, this would mean 100 million profit for each set, with no costs attached (meaning, developing, since it is not a game).

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

Hmm.. I do wonder how successful Amiibos could be and if they will actually help the WiiU!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

WhiteEaglePL said:
OF COURSE IT COULD. Wii U still has a strong fight going on.

And Smash Bros will increase the baseline ONCE AGAIN. That's practically gurantteed. MK8 moved from 40K to 60K...............Smash will move to 80K+-

Wasn't it 30 to 50? But I think smash will make the baseline 60k if anything. It's better than mk Imo but mk is a more popular series

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

WagnerPaiva said:
So this means the margin profits will be huge. I myself thought about 1000% for each (retailer and Nintendo):

That means huge profit indeed, even with low sales. Like, with 2 million adopters buying an average of 5 figurines, this would mean 100 million profit for each set, with no costs attached (meaning, developing, since it is not a game).

That sounds anti consumer. 26 dollars for something that costs 1?

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Amiibo scares me. I dont know the price or how many will be released these holidays and I want them all. Im not sure my budget can handle it.

Around the Network
kinisking said:
WagnerPaiva said:

That sounds anti consumer. 26 dollars for something that costs 1?

Those babies are made in China brother, in big mean machines greased with chinese children´s blood. Seriouslly, they cost nothing.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:

$5 in taxes?   Just how bad is it in Brazil?    On a $21 dollar item in the US, taxes would be about $1.50-1.80 (depending on the state you live in).

Amiibo could be the driving force to put the Wii U into big sales.  If Dinsey Infinity and Skylanders can get as big as they did, Nintendo has it made.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
WagnerPaiva said:

$5 in taxes?   Just how bad is it in Brazil?    On a $21 dollar item in the US, taxes would be about $1.50-1.80 (depending on the state you live in).

Amiibo could be the driving force to put the Wii U into big sales.  If Dinsey Infinity and Skylanders can get as big as they did, Nintendo has it made.

I agree, this will be so huge that I think Sony will do a similar line of figurines right after it, with Drake, Helgast, Kat and the whole gang...

Here in Brazil taxes can get to 80% in some products. It does change from product to product, like, beer has 40% taxes, some washing machines have 12% and so on... It is a big mess.

kinisking said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
OF COURSE IT COULD. Wii U still has a strong fight going on.

And Smash Bros will increase the baseline ONCE AGAIN. That's practically gurantteed. MK8 moved from 40K to 60K...............Smash will move to 80K+-

Wasn't it 30 to 50? But I think smash will make the baseline 60k if anything. It's better than mk Imo but mk is a more popular series

It went from the 30's to low 60's high 50's.  I would say a more accurate baseline would be mid to high 70's once smash is on the market (after holidays of course) 

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Amiibo's will be a huge hit. I mean how many skylanders figures have been sold 100 million or 100 billion?

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P