By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft employee warns Nintendo: don’t lose the magic by "mistake"

Mystro-Sama said:
It breaks the magic even more when you don't make fucking games for them...

Hahaha bubble up for funny.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
When does this DLC come out again?

Thursday.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

daredevil.shark said:
pokoko said:

"Sorry about that. The opinion expressed does not in any way represent those of Ubisoft. It's been deleted."

I think people missed that, so I'm going to post it again.

"Sorry about that. The opinion expressed does not in any way represent those of Ubisoft. It's been deleted."

I read that and think, "ah, this is a non-issue, someone made a mistake and posted a personal opinion," then I scroll down and see 9 out of 10 replies are something along the lines of, "I can't believe Ubisoft."  It's the strangest thing.  It's like, people know that this was the mistake of one person but they're mad at Ubisoft so they just go ahead and attack the whole company anyway.

Besides, as a personal opinion, I don't see much to get angry about.  

This is normal. Most of the vgchartz members dont read past the title. Its a pity.

First of all, I read it. Second, if this guy can call out an entire publisher, why can't we call out his? Link me to the tweet on his personal account where he criticizes his employer.

foxtail said:
burninmylight said:

That's funny, coming from the publisher that decided to turn Prince of Persia, a parkour platformer with charming characters with an Arabian-mystique ascetic, into a needlessly dark and "edgy" blood and curseword fest. Basically Duke Nukem with sand. And you're telling Nintendo not to "lose the magic"?

If you're talking about these two Prince of Persia games  (1)The Sands of Time, (2)Warrior Within - then I completely agree with you.  

Warrior Within ruined all that was magical and charming about The Sands of Time, the only saving grace was the combat was better.

That's exactly what I was talking about, and I completely agree with you.

burninmylight said:
foxtail said:
burninmylight said:

If you're talking about these two Prince of Persia games  (1)The Sands of Time, (2)Warrior Within - then I completely agree with you.  

Warrior Within ruined all that was magical and charming about The Sands of Time, the only saving grace was the combat was better.

That's exactly what I was talking about, and I completely agree with you.

I do think they somewhat improved with Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones and the Forgotten Sands.
They captured the essence of what made the original great. The second game in that series was definitely out of place.

I wonder when, or if, they will bring out a new Prince of Persia?
It seems like Assassin's Creed was the death of the Prince.

Around the Network

On a somewhat related note; isn't that DLC as well as a great update for MK8 coming this wednesday, not thursday? 

*edit: yes I was right, the 27th, that's wednesday. 

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I agree with the unknown Ubisoft employee, Mercedes cars, even the beautiful ones, don't really belong to MK settings and graphics style, they are quite out of place. Properly tuned American muscle cars would be far better fitting.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Areal-Llort said:

I like the idea of DLC for MK8, especially since it's free. However, the cars themselves look really out of place, at least give us the option to change the colors so they fit the colorfully world of Mario.

Imagine if Mario was a playable character in the Last of Us.. just doesn't go well together.

If the trailer is anything to go by, there is the option to change colours on two of the cars (not sure about the silver arrow) and both the silver arrow and roadster have stickers on related to their driver.

Toxy said:

I do think they somewhat improved with Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones and the Forgotten Sands.
They captured the essence of what made the original great. The second game in that series was definitely out of place.

I wonder when, or if, they will bring out a new Prince of Persia?
It seems like Assassin's Creed was the death of the Prince.

They tried to reboot PoP last gen, but I don't think it hit sales expectations or impress them enough to warrant continuing the franchise. And yes, AC seems to be what killed PoP. Maybe I hated AC3 on a subconcious level for that as well, but it was still shitty game. I'm going to try to give AC4 a clean slate and a fair chance though.

they lost the magic the de day was created that expensive junk called WII.