By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why XB1 Will Not Achieve The Sales Of Its Predecessor Not Even In US

Will the XB1 come close to 360s sales anywhere?

yes it will match or beat it WW 23 5.82%

Yes but only in US and Uk 40 10.13%

yes but only in tier 3 countries 15 3.80%

No 317 80.25%

Total:395

Absolutely not. The PS4 is eating considerable marketshare from both Microsoft and Nintendo, while retaining everything Sony had with the PS3.

This is going to be a gen of dominance. Really, it already is. This is more like sixth gen than like seventh gen.

Around the Network

You know that's actually a fair point as I had 3 different 360s throughout last gen, however I don't think this gen will sell anywhere near as many consoles as last gen for all 3.

CGI-Quality said:
Puppyroach said:
Yeah, that whole rrod argument is getting old. These numbers are always skewed since alot of people buy multiple consoles (both 360 and ps3). I myself bought two, but sold one used.

I do agree though that X1 won't reach the heights of its predecessor. Then again, I don't even think PS4 will reach those levels since I believe this generation will drop off much earlier.

What I do wonder though, is how much ahead of the 360 is X1 in the US right now, for the comparable time period?

For the PS4 not to catch the PS3, it would have to have the biggest drop for a PlayStation, ever! That just won't happen, not with all the extended markets it's in (and completely dominates). It may not (and probably won't) sell like the PS2, but it will definitely catch the PS3 and probably settle at PS1 numbers.

I'm definitely in agreement here. The PS4 will surpass the PS3.

Puppyroach said:
Yeah, that whole rrod argument is getting old. These numbers are always skewed since alot of people buy multiple consoles (both 360 and ps3). I myself bought two, but sold one used.

I do agree though that X1 won't reach the heights of its predecessor. Then again, I don't even think PS4 will reach those levels since I believe this generation will drop off much earlier.

What I do wonder though, is how much ahead of the 360 is X1 in the US right now, for the comparable time period?

XB1 is ahead by about 1 Million, however it's current weekly sales in US have dropped about 30% below where X360 was.

At current trend, XB1 & X360 will be neck-in-neck at the end of the year (launch aligned).

My 8th gen collection

It is because consoles are a dying sector - the growth market is mobile (phone & tablet) and surprisingly PC gaming which continues to grow year after year.

Around the Network

Console Sales will decrease, that much is a given, at the very least considering the issue of reliability.
WW marketshare is already in favor of PlayStation, and the US which isn't brand loyal is shifting PlayStation once again. The 360's one year headstart was crucial. That was probably the only reason it won the US at all. Without XB1, doesn't really stand a chance, and the larger the gap grows the harder it will be to shrink. If it doesn't shrink this holiday well that's the end of that.

With hardware stability and competition from the lead brand in the region changing the percents of marketshare as of right now the chances of XB1 even getting close the 360 are subatomic.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

NightDragon83 said:
Aura7541 said:

The 360's library was really dry ever since the Kinect came out...

You spelt Wii wrong... it's library post-2010 consists of Skyward Sword, Xenoblade, and 4 versions of Just Dance.  The 360 on the other hand has had a steady stream of top selling AAA titles every year of its lifespan... and 6 of its top 10 best selling games were released at holiday '10 or later, as well as 11 of its top 20.

I didn't. Just because the 360 had a steadier stream than the Wii doesn't mean that the 360 actually had a steady stream of AAA titles. Relative =/= Definitive. Fable 3 absolutely sucked. Halo 4 was a step down from Halo Reach. Gears of War Judgement was also a huge step down from Gears 3. 

Aura7541 said:
NightDragon83 said:
Aura7541 said:

The 360's library was really dry ever since the Kinect came out...

You spelt Wii wrong... it's library post-2010 consists of Skyward Sword, Xenoblade, and 4 versions of Just Dance.  The 360 on the other hand has had a steady stream of top selling AAA titles every year of its lifespan... and 6 of its top 10 best selling games were released at holiday '10 or later, as well as 11 of its top 20.

I didn't. Just because the 360 had a steadier stream than the Wii doesn't mean that the 360 actually had a steady stream of AAA titles. Relative =/= Definitive. Fable 3 absolutely sucked. Halo 4 was a step down from Halo Reach. Gears of War Judgement was also a huge step down from Gears 3. 

Oh ok, so because YOU didn't particularly care for M$'s more recent exclusives they're not actually AAA titles, and your opinion automatically overrides the millions who bought and enjoyed all of those games you listed.

So therefore, I can make the same exact argument about the PS3's library in recent years because I didn't particularly care for AAA titles like Uncharted 3, Killzone 3, GoW Ascension, Resistance 3, Ratchet & Clank All 4 One, etc. even though they all sold well, were critically acclaimed and have millions of fans.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

CDiablo said:
Smear-Gel said:
Yeah, the fact that many people had up to even 4 Xbox 360's due to RROD is never talked about for some reason.

People never talk about the high failure rate of fat PS3's(I had a 20 gig and a 60 gig fry on me well before 2010 as well as a 360) either. We dont know how this gens first gen hardware will turn out, I would hope MS learned its lesson.

Hmm, maybe because PS3's failure rate was waay lower than 360's? Just a guess

NightDragon83 said:
Aura7541 said:

Oh ok, so because YOU didn't particularly care for M$'s more recent exclusives they're not actually AAA titles, and your opinion automatically overrides the millions who bought and enjoyed all of those games you listed.

So therefore, I can make the same exact argument about the PS3's library in recent years because I didn't particularly care for AAA titles like Uncharted 3, Killzone 3, GoW Ascension, Resistance 3, Ratchet & Clank All 4 One, etc. even though they all sold well, were critically acclaimed and have millions of fans.

Did I actually say that? It's quite silly seeing you taking so much offense of my lack of preference towards recent Xbox exclusives. Your second paragraph is a true testament to your knee-jerk habits.

Did I say I didn't like Gears 3 or Halo Reach? I only said that Halo 4 and Gears: Judgement were significantly worse than their predecessors. Gears 3 and Halo Reach were good games, but their respective sequels were largely underwhelming. Your "I can do it, too" argument doesn't hold any water because you only provided a laundry list of PS3 exclusives. I, on the other hard, made comparisons. Seriously, my message was as clear as day, but I guess some people are too "reply first, think later" that even the clearest messages just fly over their heads... -_-"