By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Playstation Vita now has 3 Games Over 1 Million Sold

Oh dear. Well this thread went to shit.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
This was a poor idea for a thread :P

I contemplated just posting this in the Vita thread but I felt like the public should know, even if it costed me my dignity. 

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

People need to be reminded that VGChartz typically doesn't track digital sales of games. They also need to be aware that close to 50% of game sales on Vita are digital.

Poor Vita...

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Its sad people didn't get behind Persona and Killzone more, great games.

Around the Network
TheWPCTraveler said:
Ninsect said:
TheWPCTraveler said:

I agree. Minecraft would be perfect for the kids who bought the Vita because it was "cool." This would be a great intro for Minecraft in Japan.

2 million, perhaps? When you include digital, that is.

I don't see why not. It will keep selling as long as Vita is "selling"

I bolded out the game-changer. If Minecraft ends up having the same level of success there, Vita sales could boom. And, as a result, Minecraft sales would benefit.

How about a Vita Minecraft bundle?

Ouch, not really sure that's something to celebrate...

I feel like Sony really squandered a great opportunity with the Vita. It's a fantastic little system, but it seems that because it wasn't an enormous hit for Sony right out of the gate, they started treating it like the red-headed stepchild of the family.

At least it gets some love from Japan. I just pray those games continue to be localized.

Funny thing is, Assasins Creed Liberation was the entry I enjoyed the most (Only played a little of 2, a lot of black flag and of course Liberation). So I'm happy for that game, not so much for CoD, but the greatest game are hardly the best sellers.

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

Why couldn't they be the Vita's good games? This sucks. Think about what the Vita is right now: a viable platform in Japan and a completely niche system in the West. But its 3 biggest sellers are Western games, the few that actually resonated with the Vita's potential market in the West.

I'm not sure what this means for the Vita. I think it means that the system could have done well in America if Sony had supplied it with high-quality titles that appealed to the Assassin's Creed & COD crowd. But Killzone was an attempt at that -- maybe it was too little, too late. It was certainly overshadowed by the PS4 launch.

What an unfortunately mishandled platform.

Uncharted was decent, but I did not like the other 2 at all. Tearaway, Killzone, P4G and a few others are far better games IMO. I like Mercenary more than Shadow fall even.