By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 outselling Xbox One 3:1 in 2014

Aielyn said:
Fusioncode said:
WOAH the PS4 is selling less in the SUMMER?! You're blowing my mind man, I can't believe a console would actually sell less in the Summer months. Crazy, it's not like this has been happening every single year since gaming started. Nope I guess PS4 is doomed now. Oh well. 

That's why I was using the Gen 6 consoles as reference. I was asking whether PS4 sales have held their strong performance relative to PS2, and summer doesn't change that consideration.

Think of it this way - PS2:PS4 in launch period, 1:1.15. PS2:PS4 in summer period, 1:0.9

Clearly, relative to PS2, PS4 is experiencing a slowdown. Nothing to do with summer. Of course, the ratios I just gave are just examples.

EDIT: But hey, I'm saying that PS4 isn't doing as well as PS2 now. Clearly I think PS4 is doomed, right?

Yes, it's all black and white here these days. It's only "them" and "us". Nobody grants the singlest bit of anything if he likes the wrong system. Even worse people even think bad about you if you are on the wrong side.

Be with us or you're against us.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:

Assimilate!

walsufnir said:
Aielyn said:

That's why I was using the Gen 6 consoles as reference. I was asking whether PS4 sales have held their strong performance relative to PS2, and summer doesn't change that consideration.

Think of it this way - PS2:PS4 in launch period, 1:1.15. PS2:PS4 in summer period, 1:0.9

Clearly, relative to PS2, PS4 is experiencing a slowdown. Nothing to do with summer. Of course, the ratios I just gave are just examples.

EDIT: But hey, I'm saying that PS4 isn't doing as well as PS2 now. Clearly I think PS4 is doomed, right?

Yes, it's all black and white here these days. It's only "them" and "us". Nobody grants the singlest bit of anything if he likes the wrong system. Even worse people even think bad about you if you are on the wrong side.

But that's not really true though. Because you seem to speaking for everyoen including yourself saying that even youa re like that.....and we both know that is not true. People just have different mindsets now a day and nothing is wrong with that. Some just see with tunnel vision and others don't. But don't lump everyone together based of a few my friend! 

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
walsufnir said:
Aielyn said:

But that's not really true though. Because you seem to speaking for everyoen including yourself saying that even youa re like that.....and we both know that is not true. People just have different mindsets now a day and nothing is wrong with that. Some just see with tunnel vision and others don't. But don't lump everyone together based of a few my friend! 

Of course there are always exceptions to the rule... to transport a message you sometimes generalize but people should know that there always exceptions.

It's not only different mindsets but especially how people interact with each other and how they choose their words.

Does it really matter who wins?

I mean, Xbox has been behind PlayStation ever since its conception. Xbox lost big time to PS2, over 6:1. Xbox 360 lost worldwide to PS3, and of course Wii as well. Xbox One will lose worldwide to PS4, and most likely Wii U if the trends continue.

And yet, Xbox is still a huge part of gaming culture at this point. Unknowing moms say "Playing Xbox" instead of "Playing Nintendo" as they did as a generic term for video games when I was a kid.

So 3:1, 4:1, it really won't be anything new. I could see Microsoft finally selling the brand though, that would be interesting.

Around the Network
Aielyn said:
Fusioncode said:
WOAH the PS4 is selling less in the SUMMER?! You're blowing my mind man, I can't believe a console would actually sell less in the Summer months. Crazy, it's not like this has been happening every single year since gaming started. Nope I guess PS4 is doomed now. Oh well. 

Think of i this way - PS2:PS4 in launch period, 1:1.15. PS2:PS4 in summer period, 1:0.9

Don't think I haven't noticed your constant and hilarious attempts to downplay PS4 every chance you get.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Hard to say if the ratio will stay the same or improve in Sony's favor. I think X1 will improve just enough with bundles and the usual big 1st and 3rd party game boosts for the rest of the year to get it down to a 2.5:1 ratio.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

walsufnir said:
Aielyn said:
Fusioncode said:

I've read many of Aielyn's posts and I know exactly what kind of poster he is. I'm happy to call him out on it. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

walsufnir said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Of course there are always exceptions to the rule... to transport a message you sometimes generalize but people should know that there always exceptions.

It's not only different mindsets but especially how people interact with each other and how they choose their words.

I agree 100% with that!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

true_fan said:

I seriously wonder about the ps4 fanbase, you guys just make up what every topic to somehow put ps4 on this pedestal. ps4 is in 72 countries worldwide vs 13, even if those other territories were 20-30 thousand units total per week for the XB1 that be a significant difference.

I can't wait for the Holidays when ps4 has no games to compete with FH2, Sunset Overdrive, and Halo MCC.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

I love this post. Its everything that's right and wrong about gaming and gaming forums rolled up into a nice little package. Bravo.