By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 outselling Xbox One 3:1 in 2014

MoHasanie said:
Ninsect said:

And will almost no exclusives in the first half of next year sell more systems than the one in 2014 (TF)?

You forgot about Quantum Break (unless its delayed, then X1 has got nothing).  

One game againts 2. 3 if you consider teraway. And Wild is looking great and being praised that it can be consider as much more than an idy maybe AA. Also the new silent hill game is unconfiremd if is exclusive to ps4, wich it might be since the P.T thing is exclusive to ps4.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
prinz_valium said:

so the titanfall bundle sold bad? comeon

and it sill was a 499 dollar bundle

the kinectless sku was about 55% of the june npd xb1 sales (without a free game)

and at the end of august we get this 399 bundle including a free game.

this is better value and more options

NPD showed weekly average fell for xbox 1 in march compared to february, so the TF bundle hasn't done very well at all and its had its full effect during hte time PS4 has been 3:1 so it has done nothing against PS4. Yes Kinectless bundle was 55% and increased XB1 sales for the month but still have put the XB1 in no better position compared to PS4, the ration is still more than 2:1 and closer to 3:1 WW (after PS4 adjustments), so the kinectless did nothing. We are yet to see how well the 399 bundle does but its not pre ordering well right now

Ninsect said:
MoHasanie said:
Ninsect said:

And will almost no exclusives in the first half of next year sell more systems than the one in 2014 (TF)?

You forgot about Quantum Break (unless its delayed, then X1 has got nothing).  

QB is definitely not early/1st half of 2015. Just no way.

Even if it was, TF is a lot more appealing to the masses than QB will be.

Its more appealing to the regions that the x1 is actually selling in, and still was not good enoughf. QB is average everywhere so it wont spark any interest in the x1.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

walsufnir said:
Why would anyone dream of it?

LOL yeah that was weird.

Landguy said:
eva01beserk said:
TheWPCTraveler said:

I expect the hype surrounding PS4 to fade slowly and the casual audiences looking for a media center to start looking at the XBOne, especially if they market it correctly.

But, eh, Japan will most likely guarantee the PS4 outselling the XBOne but at least 1.5:1 next year.

If that were true, then they would probably get a chromecast for $35 that does all those media things. And if they are casuals that dont care much for gaming the will get the $100 amazon fire tv, wich has some games, not as good ovbiusly, and has all the media crap for a much lower price. There is no reason to give $400, $500 for the real experience they offer, for this media crap.

You are 100% accurate.  MOST people won't pay $300-400 for media features.

But, MOST people don't buy the consoles until they are under $299.  Just like one game doesn't really sell consoles, it is a multitude of features and games that make people buy things.  When there is enough content and the price gets to a point of making sense for  them, consumers will buy either the PS4 or the XB1. 

You are 100% accurate. But keep in mind that the x1 will not be the only one droping the price. Also keep in mind that sony and nintendo are adding a lot more content that is exlusive to their platforms then MS. And last people will not like to have multiple subs for ps4 and x1, so is another reason to not get it if your are planing a second console. Another reason is that the ibrarys are almost the same but sony has a lot more exclusives and better multiplats so nintendo will be the obious second choice wich is already much cheaper and tend to have better bundles.

Around the Network
true_fan said:
BeElite said:
true_fan said:
Captain_Tom said:
true_fan said:

I seriously wonder about the ps4 fanbase, you guys just make up what every topic to somehow put ps4 on this pedestal. ps4 is in 72 countries worldwide vs 13, even if those other territories were 20-30 thousand units total per week for the XB1 that be a significant difference.

I can't wait for the Holidays when ps4 has no games to compete with FH2, Sunset Overdrive, and Halo MCC.

You mean the holiday Driveclub, LBP3, and TLoU will be selling like crazy?  Yeah I can't wait to see LBP curbstomp the competition either...

Seeling like crazy huh? Maybe if certain people bought more games Sucker Punch wouldn't be facing mass layoffs, but I digress. You guys have more faith in driveclub than sony does, they barely have even showed the game, we have mainly been looking at gifs.

lol ms just fired 18000 people buddy, nice bs about DC they showed plenty of it at gamescon.  Some here bitched its to much.  

Guess when reality is to hard to bare, just make up lies and buy into them your self.

After acquiring 32,000, my goodness your intelligence is striking.

After adquiring 32,000 from the hadheald department wich will contribute nothing to the xbox division while letting go many from the xbox department, primarely the media department wich was completly scraped and only halo series survived cuz it was already in production. My goodness is your intelligence striking.

AZWification said:
Ninsect said:

I don't see why not. It has everything going for it, including the low price of the PS2.

I don't even see the PS4 lasting as much as the PS2! :S

I agree with you. But keep in mind that the market just got bigger. So it might not last as much as the ps2, but it will sell a lo faster then the ps2 so it might be close. Just look at the wii lasted less then the ps2 before the next gen came and both sold around 100m by then. The ps4 can sell at the rate or better then the wii, but it will definetly keep selling after the next gen comes out so the numbers will keep going.

Ninsect said:
AZWification said:
Ninsect said:

Doesn't seem obvious to me since it wouldn't surprise me if it ends with a higher ratio. One only needs to look back at the PS2 generation to see the ratio go from something like 3:1 or 4:1 to 6-7:1

The 8th gen won't be PS4 domination like the 6th gen was PS2 domination! Just saying!

Reasoning being?

WiiU is doing even worse than GC. XBOX One slightly better than XBOX 1 currently. PS4 breaking PS2's record. I don't see why not. Once the big games start coming out we'll see some domination, starting with Destiny.

for one PS4 won't last 13 years. secondly, PS4 will probably sell about what the Wii sold. I think both Xbox One and Wii U will sell more than people think. Both +30million. Wii U will pass GameCube. I made a prediction of Wii U about 25 million but I actually believe It will do N64 numbers. Xbox One will sell about the same as Wii U, better or worse.

Out of the big 3 in generation 6, heres the attach rates.

Playstation 2- 77%

Xbox- 12%

GameCube- 11%

Heres what generation 8 will probably be like.

Playstation 4- 60%

Wii U- 20%

Xbox One- 20%

so no it won't be complete dominance

Fusioncode said:
WOAH the PS4 is selling less in the SUMMER?! You're blowing my mind man, I can't believe a console would actually sell less in the Summer months. Crazy, it's not like this has been happening every single year since gaming started. Nope I guess PS4 is doomed now. Oh well. 

That's why I was using the Gen 6 consoles as reference. I was asking whether PS4 sales have held their strong performance relative to PS2, and summer doesn't change that consideration.

Think of it this way - PS2:PS4 in launch period, 1:1.15. PS2:PS4 in summer period, 1:0.9

Clearly, relative to PS2, PS4 is experiencing a slowdown. Nothing to do with summer. Of course, the ratios I just gave are just examples.

EDIT: But hey, I'm saying that PS4 isn't doing as well as PS2 now. Clearly I think PS4 is doomed, right?

gcube2000 said:

for one PS4 won't last 13 years. secondly, PS4 will probably sell about what the Wii sold. I think both Xbox One and Wii U will sell more than people think. Both +30million. Wii U will pass GameCube. I made a prediction of Wii U about 25 million but I actually believe It will do N64 numbers. Xbox One will sell about the same as Wii U, better or worse.

Out of the big 3 in generation 6, heres the attach rates.

Playstation 2- 77%
Xbox- 12%

GameCube- 11%

Heres what generation 8 will probably be like.

Playstation 4- 60%
Wii U- 20%
Xbox One- 20%

so no it won't be complete dominance

No chance is wiiu selling 30m with damn near no 3rd party support left.  With hd complicating and driving dev costs Ninty alone cant make enough big games  for the U to ever come closs to sniffing 30m.  Together X1/wiiu will sale plenty under 50m, you can argue which takes more of the small pie.

Its already a complete dominance.