By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 outselling Xbox One 3:1 in 2014

eva01beserk said:
MoHasanie said:
Nah. I don't expect it to keep outselling by such a big ratio. For 2014, it will probably outsell it by 2.5:1.
2014 was a bad year for X1...

Why would next year be any better? So far they have anounced less exclusives for next year, and sony has anounced at least double the a,ount of exclusves(And I mean AAA) and evenly distributed across the year. So people will look at that data going into the holidays and still be tripled in sales. Next year I expect 4-5 times in the begining of the year.

I have a hard time believeing any amount of people that matter will actually look at any of this data you posted regardless of how accurate it is. I don't think things are going to get any better for the X1 but not because of the reasons you mentioned.

Around the Network
true_fan said:
Captain_Tom said:
true_fan said:

I seriously wonder about the ps4 fanbase, you guys just make up what every topic to somehow put ps4 on this pedestal. ps4 is in 72 countries worldwide vs 13, even if those other territories were 20-30 thousand units total per week for the XB1 that be a significant difference.

I can't wait for the Holidays when ps4 has no games to compete with FH2, Sunset Overdrive, and Halo MCC.

You mean the holiday Driveclub, LBP3, and TLoU will be selling like crazy?  Yeah I can't wait to see LBP curbstomp the competition either...

Seeling like crazy huh? Maybe if certain people bought more games Sucker Punch wouldn't be facing mass layoffs, but I digress. You guys have more faith in driveclub than sony does, they barely have even showed the game, we have mainly been looking at gifs.

lol ms just fired 18000 people buddy, nice bs about DC they showed plenty of it at gamescon.  Some here bitched its to much.  

Guess when reality is to hard to bare, just make up lies and buy into them your self.

XB1 has a lot of time to make up marketshare. Problem is, they are going to need to find a new way to do it as their current efforts are proving ineffective.

BeElite said:
true_fan said:
Captain_Tom said:
true_fan said:

I seriously wonder about the ps4 fanbase, you guys just make up what every topic to somehow put ps4 on this pedestal. ps4 is in 72 countries worldwide vs 13, even if those other territories were 20-30 thousand units total per week for the XB1 that be a significant difference.

I can't wait for the Holidays when ps4 has no games to compete with FH2, Sunset Overdrive, and Halo MCC.

You mean the holiday Driveclub, LBP3, and TLoU will be selling like crazy?  Yeah I can't wait to see LBP curbstomp the competition either...

Seeling like crazy huh? Maybe if certain people bought more games Sucker Punch wouldn't be facing mass layoffs, but I digress. You guys have more faith in driveclub than sony does, they barely have even showed the game, we have mainly been looking at gifs.

lol ms just fired 18000 people buddy, nice bs about DC they showed plenty of it at gamescon.  Some here bitched its to much.  

Guess when reality is to hard to bare, just make up lies and buy into them your self.

After acquiring 32,000, my goodness your intelligence is striking.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Tamron said:
true_fan said:

Maybe if certain people bought more games, Crytek wouldn't be having mass layoffs and porting exclusives to pc.

I guess you missed the fact Crytek said the game was in development hell. PS It still sold 1 million on XB1, despite the negative reviews and media killing the game.

Around the Network
true_fan said:
BeElite said:
true_fan said:
Captain_Tom said:
true_fan said:

After acquiring 32,000, my goodness your intelligence is striking.

Says the guy whos reason for X1 selling is..... but but but i hope so thus it will. 

true_fan said:

Wait... We bought more games? Have you seen the XB1 software sales? The PS4 is absolutley killing it in that department... Sony in general over the last few years has been pushing more software then MS.

Before I get the whole "it's hard to track digital sales" keep in mind it goes both ways (PSN/XB Live).

BeElite said:
prinz_valium said:

ur right, but it wont countinue

first half 2014 was the big post supply shortage era
first half 2014 was the big japan launch

now we got tier 2 xbox one countries
kinectless sku and budle "pricedrops"
abysmal ps4 sales in japan

the ratio for second half of 2014 will be 1.5-2:1 imho in ps4 favour (probably more in the mid. not the edges of this range)

Ahh good old hopes and dreams, no facts numbers reality based proof of any of that potentially happening.  

Just so you know things in Murica have not improved at all this year, things in Europa only been getting worse.  Not exclusives or price cuts or new sku has changed that.

stop quoting and respond to me, if u still dont read and get posts...

look at the bold. there are u damn facts i base my assuption on.

Ninsect said:

I don't see why not. It has everything going for it, including the low price of the PS2.

I don't even see the PS4 lasting as much as the PS2! :S

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

prinz_valium said:
BeElite said:
prinz_valium said:

ur right, but it wont countinue

first half 2014 was the big post supply shortage era
first half 2014 was the big japan launch

now we got tier 2 xbox one countries
kinectless sku and budle "pricedrops"
abysmal ps4 sales in japan

the ratio for second half of 2014 will be 1.5-2:1 imho in ps4 favour (probably more in the mid. not the edges of this range)

Ahh good old hopes and dreams, no facts numbers reality based proof of any of that potentially happening.  

Just so you know things in Murica have not improved at all this year, things in Europa only been getting worse.  Not exclusives or price cuts or new sku has changed that.

stop quoting and respond to me, if u still dont read and get posts...

look at the bold. there are u damn facts i base my assuption on.

Your posts make no sense and follow no logic to writing and structure of an argument, and your arguemnts lack any facts or logic for the most part

Tier 2 is about 5% bump for X1, difference they will make will be irrelevant to overall weekly monthly yearsly sales in camparison to the PS4.
Kless sku has already failed, check last NDP.  FACTS already show that, no matter what you think hope or what your opinion is.  
Japan shas been irrelevent to the wellfare of PS4 since its been reveald.  JDM sales are a mere bonus now.  

We are 10 days away from the 9th month of the god damn year, if you were even remotely right about anything at all X1 would be getting out sold less and less already not more so then eariler in the year.  Get it  ? sales wise its been worse for X1 now then it was the first couple months.