By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 outselling Xbox One 3:1 in 2014

true_fan said:

I seriously wonder about the ps4 fanbase, you guys just make up what every topic to somehow put ps4 on this pedestal. ps4 is in 72 countries worldwide vs 13, even if those other territories were 20-30 thousand units total per week for the XB1 that be a significant difference.

I can't wait for the Holidays when ps4 has no games to compete with FH2, Sunset Overdrive, and Halo MCC.

I give the xbox fans credit, nothing but hopes and dreams fules you and you all still go on.  No matter how bad reality gets.  

Looking at sales right not sure looks like x1 exclusives can't do shit all vs the PS4, to bad for X1 theres Drive CLub and LBP3 to spank the X1 even worse then PS4 has been already.  I cant wait till every Multiplat runs better on PS4, even COD.  

Around the Network
Ninsect said:
MoHasanie said:
Ninsect said:

And will almost no exclusives in the first half of next year sell more systems than the one in 2014 (TF)?

You forgot about Quantum Break (unless its delayed, then X1 has got nothing).  

QB is definitely not early/1st half of 2015. Just no way.

Even if it was, TF is a lot more appealing to the masses than QB will be.

When do you expect QB to release? 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

ur right, but it wont countinue

first half 2014 was the big post supply shortage era
first half 2014 was the big japan launch

now we got tier 2 xbox one countries
kinectless sku and budle "pricedrops"
abysmal ps4 sales in japan

the ratio for second half of 2014 will be 1.5-2:1 imho in ps4 favour (probably more in the mid. not the edges of this range)

MoHasanie said:
Ninsect said:
MoHasanie said:
Ninsect said:

And will almost no exclusives in the first half of next year sell more systems than the one in 2014 (TF)?

You forgot about Quantum Break (unless its delayed, then X1 has got nothing).  

QB is definitely not early/1st half of 2015. Just no way.

Even if it was, TF is a lot more appealing to the masses than QB will be.

When do you expect QB to release? 

Late 2015. Wouldn't be surprised if they even have to delay it to early 2016 but I am expecting late 2015

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

eva01beserk said:
TheWPCTraveler said:
eva01beserk said:
MoHasanie said:
Nah. I don't expect it to keep outselling by such a big ratio. For 2014, it will probably outsell it by 2.5:1.
2014 was a bad year for X1...

Why would next year be any better? So far they have anounced less exclusives for next year, and sony has anounced at least double the a,ount of exclusves(And I mean AAA) and evenly distributed across the year. So people will look at that data going into the holidays and still be tripled in sales. Next year I expect 4-5 times in the begining of the year.

I expect the hype surrounding PS4 to fade slowly and the casual audiences looking for a media center to start looking at the XBOne, especially if they market it correctly.

But, eh, Japan will most likely guarantee the PS4 outselling the XBOne but at least 1.5:1 next year.

If that were true, then they would probably get a chromecast for $35 that does all those media things. And if they are casuals that dont care much for gaming the will get the $100 amazon fire tv, wich has some games, not as good ovbiusly, and has all the media crap for a much lower price. There is no reason to give $400, $500 for the real experience they offer, for this media crap.

You are 100% accurate.  MOST people won't pay $300-400 for media features.

But, MOST people don't buy the consoles until they are under $299.  Just like one game doesn't really sell consoles, it is a multitude of features and games that make people buy things.  When there is enough content and the price gets to a point of making sense for  them, consumers will buy either the PS4 or the XB1. 

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network
true_fan said:

I seriously wonder about the ps4 fanbase, you guys just make up what every topic to somehow put ps4 on this pedestal. ps4 is in 72 countries worldwide vs 13, even if those other territories were 20-30 thousand units total per week for the XB1 that be a significant difference.

I can't wait for the Holidays when ps4 has no games to compete with FH2, Sunset Overdrive, and Halo MCC.

Go compare sales of US and UK only for both systems then, doesn't exactly change anything.

PS4 is outselling Xbox One in every single country where both systems are officially available.

Captain_Tom said:
true_fan said:

You mean the holiday Driveclub, LBP3, and TLoU will be selling like crazy?  Yeah I can't wait to see LBP curbstomp the competition either...

Seeling like crazy huh? Maybe if certain people bought more games Sucker Punch wouldn't be facing mass layoffs, but I digress. You guys have more faith in driveclub than sony does, they barely have even showed the game, we have mainly been looking at gifs.

prinz_valium said:

ur right, but it wont countinue

first half 2014 was the big post supply shortage era
first half 2014 was the big japan launch

now we got tier 2 xbox one countries
kinectless sku and budle "pricedrops"
abysmal ps4 sales in japan

the ratio for second half of 2014 will be 1.5-2:1 imho in ps4 favour (probably more in the mid. not the edges of this range)

Ahh good old hopes and dreams, no facts numbers reality based proof of any of that potentially happening.  

Just so you know things in Murica have not improved at all this year, things in Europa only been getting worse.  Not exclusives or price cuts or new sku has changed that.

true_fan said:

Seeling like crazy huh? Maybe if certain people bought more games Sucker Punch wouldn't be facing mass layoffs, but I digress. You guys have more faith in driveclub than sony does, they barely have even showed the game, we have mainly been looking at gifs.

Maybe you don't know this but there have been considerably more PS4 games sold than Xbox One games...

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

true_fan said:

Maybe if certain people bought more games, Crytek wouldn't be having mass layoffs and porting exclusives to pc.