By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 outselling Xbox One 3:1 in 2014

eva01beserk said:
TheWPCTraveler said:
eva01beserk said:
MoHasanie said:
Nah. I don't expect it to keep outselling by such a big ratio. For 2014, it will probably outsell it by 2.5:1.
2014 was a bad year for X1...

Why would next year be any better? So far they have anounced less exclusives for next year, and sony has anounced at least double the a,ount of exclusves(And I mean AAA) and evenly distributed across the year. So people will look at that data going into the holidays and still be tripled in sales. Next year I expect 4-5 times in the begining of the year.

I expect the hype surrounding PS4 to fade slowly and the casual audiences looking for a media center to start looking at the XBOne, especially if they market it correctly.

But, eh, Japan will most likely guarantee the PS4 outselling the XBOne but at least 1.5:1 next year.

If that were true, then they would probably get a chromecast for $35 that does all those media things. And if they are casuals that dont care much for gaming the will get the $100 amazon fire tv, wich has some games, not as good ovbiusly, and has all the media crap for a much lower price. There is no reason to give $400, $500 for the real experience they offer, for this media crap.

Exactly, or they could just get an 360 or a ps3 if they want a console with excellent media capabilities.

Around the Network

I do fail to see why would anyone get a XONE instead of a PS4, unless they have a hard on for HALO.
Even as a second console, it is less appealing than a Wii U, if you already have a PC/PS4 for the third party.

XBONE need something to differentiate itself, even if it is a lower price.

But 2.5:1 ratio is the safe bet.

TheWPCTraveler said:

I expect the hype surrounding PS4 to fade slowly and the casual audiences looking for a media center to start looking at the XBOne, especially if they market it correctly.

But, eh, Japan will most likely guarantee the PS4 outselling the XBOne but at least 1.5:1 next year.

Its not hype, its just a overly superior product.

lol and here i though everyone gave up the pipe dreams of muli media X1 sales aspirations.  

Next year PS4 will crush it 4-1 and US will be 2-1 by it self.

eva01beserk said:
TheWPCTraveler said:

If that were true, then they would probably get a chromecast for $35 that does all those media things. And if they are casuals that dont care much for gaming the will get the $100 amazon fire tv, wich has some games, not as good ovbiusly, and has all the media crap for a much lower price. There is no reason to give $400, $500 for the real experience they offer, for this media crap.

Bolded my point to make this clear. If I'm a parent and I'm going to drop $400 on a console my son/daughter/dog/whatever is going to make me buy anyway, should I go for the system that only plays games or the one that plays games and has media stuff?

Besides, Microsoft's marketing has been, for the lack of a better word, meh lately.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

AZWification said:
Ninsect said:

Doesn't seem obvious to me since it wouldn't surprise me if it ends with a higher ratio. One only needs to look back at the PS2 generation to see the ratio go from something like 3:1 or 4:1 to 6-7:1

The 8th gen won't be PS4 domination like the 6th gen was PS2 domination! Just saying!

Reasoning being?

WiiU is doing even worse than GC. XBOX One slightly better than XBOX 1 currently. PS4 breaking PS2's record. I don't see why not. Once the big games start coming out we'll see some domination, starting with Destiny.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
TheWPCTraveler said:
eva01beserk said:

Bolded my point to make this clear. If I'm a parent and I'm going to drop $400 on a console my son/daughter/dog/whatever is going to make me buy anyway, should I go for the system that only plays games or the one that plays games and has media stuff?

Besides, Microsoft's marketing has been, for the lack of a better word, meh lately.

Are we talking about PS4 vs. N64 here or something? Lol

Looks like MS' marketing has worked on someone, at least.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:

Reasoning being?

WiiU is doing even worse than GC. XBOX One slightly better than XBOX 1 currently. PS4 breaking PS2's record. I don't see why not. Once the big games start coming out we'll see some domination, starting with Destiny.

I don't see the PS4 having the same legs as the PS2, that's why!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
Ninsect said:

Reasoning being?

I don't see the PS4 having the same legs as the PS2, that's why!

I don't see why not. It has everything going for it, including the low price of the PS2.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

eva01beserk said:
MoHasanie said:
Nah. I don't expect it to keep outselling by such a big ratio. For 2014, it will probably outsell it by 2.5:1.

Why would next year be any better? So far they have anounced less exclusives for next year, and sony has anounced at least double the a,ount of exclusves(And I mean AAA) and evenly distributed across the year. So people will look at that data going into the holidays and still be tripled in sales. Next year I expect 4-5 times in the begining of the year.

Because next year it will be available in more regions for the whole year, and will have more exclusives like Halo 5. Plus there could be a price drop. 

4-5 times is possible but that's because PS4 will have 2 big exclusives in the beginning of the year compared to one for X1. 

Ninsect said:
MoHasanie said:

But it had Titanfall this year, along with some other console exclusives (timed or otherwise)

Titanfall was the main exclusive and it turned out not to be as big of a system seller as some were expecting. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:

Titanfall was the main exclusive and it turned out not to be as big of a system seller as some were expecting. 

or maybe selling x1 is alot harder then most though, and only Halo5 will actually do that.