By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 outselling Xbox One 3:1 in 2014

AZWification said:
Ninsect said:
AZWification said:
Ninsect said:

4:1 then?

I was obviously talking about a slightly lower ratio... >_>

Doesn't seem obvious to me since it wouldn't surprise me if it ends with a higher ratio. One only needs to look back at the PS2 generation to see the ratio go from something like 3:1 or 4:1 to 6-7:1

The 8th gen won't be PS4 domination like the 6th gen was PS2 domination! Just saying!

What you say may or may not hold true. Compared to the 6th generation,

XB1 is stronger than Xbox (but not as advatageous as X360)
WiiU is in a worse position than Gamecube.

So depending on the market size, and relative performances of XB1 and WiiU, PS4's comparative performance will likely be somewhere between PS1 and PS2, and possibly over PS2, but most definitely far above PS3.

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

Around the Network
true_fan said:
Captain_Tom said:
true_fan said:

I seriously wonder about the ps4 fanbase, you guys just make up what every topic to somehow put ps4 on this pedestal. ps4 is in 72 countries worldwide vs 13, even if those other territories were 20-30 thousand units total per week for the XB1 that be a significant difference.

I can't wait for the Holidays when ps4 has no games to compete with FH2, Sunset Overdrive, and Halo MCC.

You mean the holiday Driveclub, LBP3, and TLoU will be selling like crazy?  Yeah I can't wait to see LBP curbstomp the competition either...

Seeling like crazy huh? Maybe if certain people bought more games Sucker Punch wouldn't be facing mass layoffs, but I digress. You guys have more faith in driveclub than sony does, they barely have even showed the game, we have mainly been looking at gifs.

We don't even know how many people were laid off yet, stop flat out lying to push your point.  For all we know these were regular lay offs that occur after a game is released.  

Serious question, what are people buying the PS4 for? 10 million sold but software sales do not represent that attach rate. so there are literally hundreds of thousands of PS4s just being used as media devices or blueray players or even collecting dust? Maybe its just hype and was the cool thing to do, the ipod of 2014?

I'm leaning towards it was the ipod of 2014.

Xevross said:

I never said anything failed to move units. I said they failed relative to what PS4 is doing, yes TF gave a small boost but it wasn't sustained and till the Xb1 could not top PS4. The kinectless sku definitely moved units, hence the massive boost in June but again, it couldn't help Xb1 match PS4 and the weekly ratio is back getting close to 3:1 even after both of those have happened. Sure, without them XB1 would be in an even worse place but in the long term they have done nothing, XB1 sales are back to the lows of the pre kinectless announcement. I'm saying that these bundles in the future will of course help but it won't stop PS4 outselling XB1 by a good ratio

okay. and i never said it could top ps4. just boosted the xbox one itself

because without the titanfall bundle and new sku, the ps4 would have outsold the xb1 4:1 woldwide in h1 2014 and not only 3:1

and because the new cheaper sku bundle with free game, tier 2 and finally some games it will be just 2:1 (or even less) in h2 2014

prinz_valium said:
Xevross said:

I never said anything failed to move units. I said they failed relative to what PS4 is doing, yes TF gave a small boost but it wasn't sustained and till the Xb1 could not top PS4. The kinectless sku definitely moved units, hence the massive boost in June but again, it couldn't help Xb1 match PS4 and the weekly ratio is back getting close to 3:1 even after both of those have happened. Sure, without them XB1 would be in an even worse place but in the long term they have done nothing, XB1 sales are back to the lows of the pre kinectless announcement. I'm saying that these bundles in the future will of course help but it won't stop PS4 outselling XB1 by a good ratio

okay. and i never said it could top ps4. just boosted the xbox one itself

because without the titanfall bundle and new sku, the ps4 would have outsold the xb1 4:1 woldwide in h1 2014 and not only 3:1

and because the new cheaper sku bundle with free game, tier 2 and finally some games it will be just 2:1 (or even less) in h2 2014

And I disagree, I think their effect will be small and easily countered by Destiny.

Around the Network
Lakai129 said:
Serious question, what are people buying the PS4 for? 10 million sold but software sales do not represent that attach rate. so there are literally hundreds of thousands of PS4s just being used as media devices or blueray players or even collecting dust? Maybe its just hype and was the cool thing to do, the ipod of 2014?

There are 30m software sales...

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Lakai129 said:

10m consoles have been sold and 30m games. That's 3 games per console. Even then, PS4 has plenty of F2P games too that don't count towards the software sales. Which leads me to believe people are definitely playing games.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Shadow1980 said:
AZWification said:
Ninsect said:
AZWification said:

In any case, I don't think this generation will end with a 3:1 ratio in the PS4's favor!

4:1 then?

How about something like this?

That's 2.8:1 WW for PS4 vs. XBO.

Reasonable. Except I can see PS4 reaching 120m+

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Shadow1980 said:
AZWification said:

I can see the X1 reaching 45-50 million, but I do like how it looks!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
Shadow1980 said:
AZWification said:

I can see the X1 reaching 45-50 million, but I do like how it looks!

Because it looks like a family showing you the FU sign?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com