By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yoshida claims Sony doesn't know why PS4 is selling so well.

QuintonMcLeod said:

This is a perplexing situation Sony is in. No one knows why the PS4 is selling so well. The software certainly isn't why, otherwise the PS4 attachment rates would be higher. The highest selling game is COD at 2.5 million copies. Meanwhile, the PS4 has sold roughly 10 million units.

Do you have any data proving that 3 SW per Hw sold is bad 9 months in the gen?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

LMAO at those saying hype. Hype doesn't last for almost a year (though I know you'll still be using the hype excuse for a year+.) If it was truly just hype, people would be disappointed within a couple of months, then switch to another console, the one you THINK is better. No, the reason the PS4 is selling so well is because of the PS brand and how it delivers each gen. It also helps that the PS4 is the most powerful console this gen and launched at a good price.

thismeintiel said:
LMAO at those saying hype. Hype doesn't last for almost a year (though I know you'll still be using the hype excuse for a year+.) If it was truly just hype, people would be disappointed within a couple of months, then switch to another console, the one you THINK is better. No, the reason the PS4 is selling so well is because of the PS brand and how it delivers each gen. It also helps that the PS4 is the most powerful console this gen and launched at a good price.

Don't doubt the power of hypee... I'm already hiped for PS6... but yes, the console wouldn't sell without merit just because of hype... the hype in this case is generated from the system being what the customers were wanting.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I'll pick one up during Christmas or Black Friday

chapset said:
Liar, stop lying Sony, you know why the ps4 is selling so well, the competition is weak that's it

time to lock the thread

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network

Hype

/thread

(BTW, there's nothing wrong with that, so don't flame me bro)

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

thismeintiel said:

Brand is hype.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

I don't have the faintest idea either. -__-

And I still don't know why the PS4 is selling like that!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

DonFerrari said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

This is a perplexing situation Sony is in. No one knows why the PS4 is selling so well. The software certainly isn't why, otherwise the PS4 attachment rates would be higher. The highest selling game is COD at 2.5 million copies. Meanwhile, the PS4 has sold roughly 10 million units.

Do you have any data proving that 3 SW per Hw sold is bad 9 months in the gen?

I didn't say it was bad, however, according to VGC, the software attach rate on the PS4 is lower than that of the Vita and the Wii U.