By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yoshida claims Sony doesn't know why PS4 is selling so well.

Liar, stop lying Sony, you know why the ps4 is selling so well, the competition is weak that's it

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

I would love to enjoy my PS4, but the current games out for the system are heavily weak.

Of course he knows why. However, do people really expect him to come out and say, "it's because Nintendo and Microsoft fucked up, lol"?

I think it's fairly obvious why it's selling well.

Wii U and Xbone screwed up. Nintendo fans are uninterested, Microsoft fans are uninterested, and with the hype of a console doing so well, new people come in too. (like with Wii).

They also went down $200 at launch compared to PS3, which was a huge hit.

This is a perplexing situation Sony is in. No one knows why the PS4 is selling so well. The software certainly isn't why, otherwise the PS4 attachment rates would be higher. The highest selling game is COD at 2.5 million copies. Meanwhile, the PS4 has sold roughly 10 million units.

Around the Network

Gonna be honest, I though that was a P4RGaming headline when I first read it.

Well don't worry Yoshida your not the only one who dosen't fully understand it, I don't either.

Locknuts said:
I don't really understand it either. I think people were really ready for new hardware (longest console cycle I'm aware of) and the PS4 seemed like the best of the bunch. Strangely games are a minor factor in buying a PS4 at this stage as people are excited about the hardware.

That's how I see it anyway.

It's the "it" console this generation. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING is more important in the US than being the "cool" console. If the cool kids all want it, everyone wants it. It's really that simple.

Sony would do well to do what they did in the ate 90's and play off of it. Make commercials like the crash vs. mario days. Make fun of people who play on Xbones needing glasses to see blury screens etc. If they do it, it will fly off shelves. At least in the US.

He is a so likeable person... he don't just, act and sound, he looks humble.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

prayformojo said:
Locknuts said:
I don't really understand it either. I think people were really ready for new hardware (longest console cycle I'm aware of) and the PS4 seemed like the best of the bunch. Strangely games are a minor factor in buying a PS4 at this stage as people are excited about the hardware.

That's how I see it anyway.

It's the "it" console this generation. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING is more important in the US than being the "cool" console. If the cool kids all want it, everyone wants it. It's really that simple.

Sony would do well to do what they did in the ate 90's and play off of it. Make commercials like the crash vs. mario days. Make fun of people who play on Xbones needing glasses to see blury screens etc. If they do it, it will fly off shelves. At least in the US.

There isn't really need for that type of marketing as PS4 is outselling the X1 comfortably and destroying the Wii U. They have this gen on cruise control more or less.