By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft: Wii U Owners Don’t Buy Assassin’s Creed; More Interested in Just Dance

padib said:

He's right about that but he's wrong about generalising on Just Dance and Mature games. If you want my opinion I think he, like most 3rd party bosses, is a bonehead.

So you're calling people names, for the fact that he doesn't think the Wii U is profitable. I wonder whether you would have ported an AC game to Wii U if you had been a neutral CEO of Ubisoft, even though its not selling even decently? I don't think you would.

Thing is, he is actually a very experienced person, and unbiased, and that is why he knows its unwise to port AC to the Wii U.

Around the Network
padib said:
Mr Puggsly said:

DK is another top selling IP. Ubisoft certainly did not have those kind of sales expectations for Rayman. The days of Rayman selling millions of units are over. Sonic also struggles to do the same.

We don't know the budget of ZombiU but Ubisoft said it failed. 700k generally isn't enough to make a AAA game profitable. If it was, THQ would probably be around.

The Wii U audience came to that console for Nintendo games. Not another platform to play CoD and Assassin's Creed.

If the Wii U simply did a better job at moving core software, support would continue. 3rd parties have already taken risks on Wii U, the console got some cool games because of those risks, but support ultimately failed.

I think we're both funneling down to the bottom line. "AAA" multiplats don't sell well on Nintendo consoles, so stop trying to sell them.

The conclusion that "mature" games don't sell on Nintendo consoles though doesn't follow. There's one thing to be a mature game, another to be a quote unquote "AAA" multiplat.

Support ultimately failed, but it's not the end of the story. The U still has many years ahead of it, with full Nintendo support and then support from intelligent indie studios and hopefully some rare smart big studios which learn how to make money on Nintendo's system.

They know how to make money on the PSX1, they just don't know how to do it on Nintendo's home console. I'm sure someone smart will emerge, it happens every gen.

Wow, so even though no mature game has yet been successful on the Wii U, ignoring it would be stupid for such games?

Just a suggestion: Never try to manage a business.

fedfed said:
watch dog... what the second?

why we should buy a game that have been out for months? and then they will criticize that wii u owner don't buy games... release them day one with some exclusive and we will talk again....

sure it will not pull higher number than ps4 but not as low as it will now....

The same excuse doesn't hold for AC III, AC IVE: BF, TCSC: Blacklist and ZomiU's sales though.

WD would have probably sold a 5th of the X1 version if it was released on the same day and date, and even that might be overestimating it.

padib said:
Ucell said:

So you're calling people names, for the fact that he doesn't think the Wii U is profitable. I wonder whether you would have ported an AC game to Wii U if you had been a neutral CEO of Ubisoft, even though its not selling even decently? I don't think you would.

Thing is, he is actually a very experienced person, and unbiased, and that is why he knows its unwise to port AC to the Wii U.

I agree it's unwise to port AC to the WiiU, especially after they launched AC with no DLC.

I am calling him names because he is a moron. After so many years he still doesn't know how to make games on a Nintendo console. It's ridiculous.

If I were in his position, I would know much better what to do. AC not selling doesn't mean "Let's just sell JD!!1", or "mature games don't sell" or something stupid like that. I would say "I had no clue how to make money on the U, but I will try to reduce the budget on some games and learn to fit within reasonable expectation for a good new IP (like Zombie U)".

I don't know HOW they can please you Nintendo guys with a mature game, when you seem to think that only colourful games are good, the rest are "dull, generic, grey/brown" games.

Thing is, mature games are more grounded to reality, and reality isn't as colourful as a Mario game.

Its not just me either, pretty much no third-party has been able to find success with a mature game on the Wii U.

padib said:
Ucell said:

Wow, so even though no mature game has yet been successful on the Wii U, ignoring it would be stupid for such games?

Just a suggestion: Never try to manage a business.

Zombie U, 700k, do the math.

Just a suggestion, I already did it for you in a post above so read it there. (You must have missed it.)

700k for an exclusive, selling so much in one and a half years. Yup, that's terrible, especially since Nintendo likely didn't fund it.

Around the Network

Oh Ubisoft xD

Add me if u want :)

Ubisoft: Gamers don't buy enough games to support out of control budgets of triple A games.

I can understand what is being said BUT, I own a WiiU and my collection includes AC3 & 4 and neither of the 2 Just Dance games. I also own Zombi U and SC Blacklist

Jonathan

Not even three ports. I was going to try a new setting since I wasn't interested in the American one. Plus I though they said ports were cheap? Low ROI? Didn't you make enough JD money out of Nintendo owners?

This happens when you badly port the worst game in the series as an intro to a new audience. Leaves bad taste in the mouth.
Just like EA with Mass Effect, Ubisoft should have released a trilogy pack to get WiiU owners interested in the franchise.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

He's damn right.
No one buys a WiiU to play 3rd party titles, unless they're in the vein of Just Dance.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...