By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My (unbiased) top 20 games ever!

kljesta64 said:
AZWification said:

I guess Galaxy 3 has some potential, but at this point I would love to see a sequel to Mario 64!

when you think about it galaxy is a sequel to mario 64 just in space. i know people say mario 64 is more about exploration but it isnt. its just as linear ..only difference is that the levels design is more open in mario 64 because of that it appears to be more about exploration.

Exactly! I would love to see the next 3D Mario have more open levels just like Mario 64! I loved the Galaxy games ( heck Galaxy 1 is my favorite game of all time), but my only gripe with those games is that they are less open than 64 & Sunshine!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
AZWification said:
kljesta64 said:
AZWification said:

I guess Galaxy 3 has some potential, but at this point I would love to see a sequel to Mario 64!

when you think about it galaxy is a sequel to mario 64 just in space. i know people say mario 64 is more about exploration but it isnt. its just as linear ..only difference is that the levels design is more open in mario 64 because of that it appears to be more about exploration.

Exactly! I would love to see the next 3D Mario have more open levels just like Mario 64! I loved the Galaxy games ( heck Galaxy 1 is my favorite game of all time), but my only gripe with those games is that they are less open than 64 & Sunshine!

SMG is also my favorite game of all time. I do understand that people dont like the linear style for some reason *_* but ultimately that is what makes a mario game..in fact Galaxy because its linear is the perfect transition from 2D to 3D mario. 

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

kljesta64 said:
AZWification said:

SMG is also my favorite game of all time. I do understand that people dont like the linear style for some reason *_* but ultimately that is what makes a mario game..in fact Galaxy because its linear is the perfect transition from 2D to 3D mario. 

Well, I did grow up with Mario 64 so maybe it has something to do with that!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Good list.

Not personally a fan of Mario galaxy, but I respect the game.
I'll try to do a top ten in no particular order.
The last of us
Demon's souls
Dark souls
Borderlands
Borderlands 2
Red Dead redemption
MGS peace walker
MAG
Uncharted 2
GTAV

Around the Network

Your list and my list would be very very very different.