By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My (unbiased) top 20 games ever!

Every list of the best 20 games of all time should include Banjo Kazooie in any spot.

Around the Network

This list is a little bit focused on a few sistems/sagas.. however ..good games

My top 15 games of all time.  I feel these games have had some of the biggest impacts on gaming.  They have either set the bar for the genre, changed gaming forever, or have revolutionized it in some way.  

This is in no specific order btw

Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Gears of War
Halo 2
Pokemon R/B/Y
Counterstrike
World of War Craft
Call of Duty 4
Uncharted 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Super Mario Bros 3
Gran Turismo
Goldeneye 007
Final Fantasy VII
Mario 64

POE said:
Every list of the best 20 games of all time should include Banjo Kazooie in any spot.

Agreed.

@OP: That's not a bad top 20 at all. Eight of the games are in my own top 20  

OT: I hope everyone making lists will participate in Smeags' top 50 countdown in November!

Looks pretty biased to me. Like someone needed another thread to hate on Square Enix.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Wright said:

You should play Knights of the Old Republic

I love your love for Knights of the Old Republic. It's my #2, and it's basically perfect. I agree more people should bathe themselves in the awesomeness that is Knights of the Old Republic.

Have you played KotOR 2 with the Restored Content Mod? KotOR 2 is inferior regardless, but it's a pretty good and elaborate mod that fixes a ton of stuff that was cut.

S.Peelman said:

I love your love for Knights of the Old Republic. It's my #2, and it's basically perfect. I agree more people should bathe themselves in the awesomeness that is Knights of the Old Republic.

Have you played KotOR 2 with the Restored Content Mod? KotOR 2 is inferior regardless, but it's a pretty good and elaborate mod that fixes a ton of stuff that was cut.

Unfortunately, no. I played vanilla Kotor 2 back in the day...and I loved it anyway! I think the supporting cast is much more interesting on the second game, although in everything else, the first one is superior.

Still both gems of games. Haven't tried The Old Republic, but I don't kinda want to do it...

Hmmm, interesting list, going by your name I would have expected more RPG's in your list. I guess I will list mine, but im not going to bother with pictures.

1. Mass Effect Trilogy
2. Suikoden 2
3. Shining force 2
4. Chrono trigger
5. Shining force
6. Jade Empire
7. Gears of war 3
8. Skyrim
9. Final Fantasy 7
10. Valkyria chronicles
11. Halo 3
12. The last of Us
13. Xenoblade chronicles
14. Final Fantasy 10
15. The last story
16. Twilight princess
17. Star wars knights of the old republic.
18. Dragon Age: origins.
19. Diablo 2
20. Persona 4: Golden

spurgeonryan said:
Super Mario Galaxy 2? I cannot believe these games are this good. I have the first Galaxy game. Have had it for about 6 months, but have not willed myself to play it. I guess I need to try it soon.

The original is better. Only with less Yoshi.

spurgeonryan said:
spemanig said:
spurgeonryan said:
Super Mario Galaxy 2? I cannot believe these games are this good. I have the first Galaxy game. Have had it for about 6 months, but have not willed myself to play it. I guess I need to try it soon.

The original is better. Only with less Yoshi.

I am assuming it is nostalgia that makes people love the second one more then. Super Mario World is a classic and one of my all time favorites.

I'm waiting for Nintendo to come by with a new Super Mario game that is as fun as Super Mario World. I agree that it is, by far, the best of all mario games (platformers of course).