By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fez: A masterpiece, one of the best game of this generation, but WHY? [Spoiler]

One of the best puzzle platformers I have played, but not one of the best games of the generation for me. Some of the puzzles were crazy and without a found explanation, finished through community trial and error and that's not so good. Had to look up for a solution for some puzzles. Also the map and traveling was pretty terrible :-/

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
It was a great game that was made by cunt that fueled his cuntyness even more

Its really surprising that game devs can even react like him...

You would expect him to be more professional, but he really is saying whats on his mind...

Normally that might be a good thing, but he really seems like a douchebag.

Maybe its a marketing thing though.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Who is that Kamiya everyone's talking about? I checked that he works for Capcom.

Someone mentioned him in another Phil Fish thread. Does he insult fans too?

AZWification said:

Ehh.. Fez was a good indie game, but I wouldn't call it a "masterpiece".. This word is used for games like Resi 4 and Mario Galaxy!

StarOcean said:
It was decent, nothing particularly special to me.

Read the OP. Or maybe you don't know anything about art and art direction, in which case...

eFKac said:
One of the best puzzle platformers I have played, but not one of the best games of the generation for me. Some of the puzzles were crazy and without a found explanation, finished through community trial and error and that's not so good. Had to look up for a solution for some puzzles. Also the map and traveling was pretty terrible :-/

Details. The Map is genius, travelling is a bit old school (though you probably you don't know you can fly when you finish the game the first time).

Mr_No said:
kitler53 said:

fez was amazing. so glad i finally got to play it when it launched on ps4. really hope fish is actually working on a sequel despite his public statement of cancelling the project,.. or at least something else.  i'd take a new IP from him as well.

I think he won't. Judging by his latest tweets, he despises gamers and wants them to stop asking for Fez 2.

There will be a FEZ II, when people finish FEZ.

Around the Network
goulibouli said:
eFKac said:

Details. The Map is genius, travelling is a bit old school (though you probably you don't know you can fly when you finish the game the first time).

Mr_No said:
kitler53 said:

fez was amazing. so glad i finally got to play it when it launched on ps4. really hope fish is actually working on a sequel despite his public statement of cancelling the project,.. or at least something else.  i'd take a new IP from him as well.

I think he won't. Judging by his latest tweets, he despises gamers and wants them to stop asking for Fez 2.

There will be a FEZ II, when people finish FEZ.

I meant travelling as is in navigating the map and going through the portals, not being able to just teleport where you want to be, let's say after the first "finish". I wouldn't bother going for the second playthrough without flying lol

And the map...far from genius, I mean it's cool, looks nicer than your typical 2D map and with all the vertical levels and side rooms it would be hard to visualize it in 2D anyway, but the current map navigates hard, you often see through the level you didn't want to see through, you need to struggle with the controls to see what you wanted to look at, unnecessary hassle, sometimes not clear. And it's complicated, but the game world is complicated so it's hard to blame the map. Overall had some problems with navigating it, which is pretty uncommon.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

It was a good indie game, a very good one at that, but their are dozens of other good indie titles released frequently which do not get as much attention as this game. It was only remebered for so long mainly for the character of the creator.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Game was fun but Phil fish is a contemptuous bastard that has no respect for gamers. He is a giant troll that thinks he is the Andy Kaufman of the gaming industry. In reality he is just a self-entitled prat with aspergers. He's like Kanye West, if Kanye West was white, a one hit wonder, and into dudes.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

goulibouli said:
AZWification said:

Ehh.. Fez was a good indie game, but I wouldn't call it a "masterpiece".. This word is used for games like Resi 4 and Mario Galaxy!

StarOcean said:
It was decent, nothing particularly special to me.

Read the OP. Or maybe you don't know anything about art and art direction, in which case...

It doesn't matter.. Fez is still not a masterpiece!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

OP is making the confusion between references and game design

game design is what makes Fez great

the overinterpretations of a few references in the OP are typical of conspirationists