By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fez: A masterpiece, one of the best game of this generation, but WHY? [Spoiler]

A real good platformer so far (I've download through the Plus), but nothing that outstanding to be considered GOtG.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Around the Network
fighter said:
OP is making the confusion between references and game design

game design is what makes Fez great

the overinterpretations of a few references in the OP are typical of conspirationists

What conspiration exactly. I actually am a freemasons, spoke with Phil on these topics, and the references are explicitly referent to symbolism and occultism, particularly gematria.

Also I'm blocking you, there's a certain level of intelligence under which I don't want to polute my feed.

goulibouli said:
fighter said:

the overinterpretations of a few references in the OP are typical of conspirationists

What conspiration exactly. I actually am a freemasons, spoke with Phil on these topics, and the references are explicitly referent to symbolism and occultism, particularly gematria.

Also I'm blocking you, there's a certain level of intelligence under which I don't want to polute my feed.

blocking me ? as if i would pm you lol

game design is what makes fez great, your extrapolations are weird, and if indeed you are a freemason you just broke your pledge by declaring it and even worse by saying someone else is

fireburn95 said:
Can someone tell me if there is an easy way to teleport to the main central area without going through a bunch of stages for the end level teleport. Its annoying me

Same issue, like an easier mechanic to go from one place to another.  Like the levels though.

So Fez is the best videogame of the last generation because it has some symbolic elements from freemasonry in it's plot?

Yep.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Anfebious said:

So Fez is the best videogame of the last generation because it has some symbolic elements from freemasonry in it's plot?

Yep.

Freemasonry makes everything better, especially conspiracies.

Nicklesbe said:
Game was fun but Phil fish is a contemptuous bastard that has no respect for gamers. He is a giant troll that thinks he is the Andy Kaufman of the gaming industry. In reality he is just a self-entitled prat with aspergers. He's like Kanye West, if Kanye West was white, a one hit wonder, and into dudes.

I actually think he's got mental health problems that aren't public. His outbursts show pretty standard traits.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

fighter said:
goulibouli said:
fighter said:

blocking me ? as if i would pm you lol

game design is what makes fez great, your extrapolations are weird, and if indeed you are a freemason you just broke your pledge by declaring it and even worse by saying someone else is

I broke no pledge, I never said Phil was one, for your government here is the exact rule: you can tell whomever and wherever you want whether you are one or not according to your own views on the "secret", but aren't allowed to tell about anyone else who doesn't want to.

Anfebious said:

Yep.

There are nobodies like you, whose opinion will be limited to this thread. And opinions that count, most of them which agree with saying that it's one of the best game of last generation.

Choose your way of life.

goulibouli said:
Anfebious said:

Yep.

There are nobodies like you, whose opinion will be limited to this thread. And opinions that count, most of them which agree with saying that it's one of the best game of last generation.

Choose your way of life.

Thanks for showing me the options I have.

I choose being a nobody instead of agreeing with you. And you know? I actually feel flattered when you call me a nobody, it makes my nihilism even stronger.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"