By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Publishing & Funding Tomb Raider, Similar to Dead Rising 3 Deal

Note the tweet says "similar" to what was done with DR3, not same. Ergo the tweet can't really be interpreted to mean it'll only ever come to PC and never to PS4.

The fact that no one, even after all the fuss has said "the game will never get on to PS4" is more and more indicating that eventually is can, if SE so desires.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

If you guys keep whining, M$ will just feed off your tears and just say "fuck it, we bought full exclusive now. Just like Titanfall" I wouldn't put it past them. Every last tear that they can squeeze out is worth the money. I hope they do too, because I love seeing people in misery

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

So much for locking out so many gamers... Play it on PC, guys!

binary solo said:
JGarret said:
Wait, I thought SE was publishing...all this story has been very confusing and it should be simple.Is it exclusive...timed exclusive?..console exclusive?..no one is giving a straight answer and only now the scenario seems to be more clear, so if MS is indeed publishing it, I guess that rules out a PS4 version.

You mean like how MS published Mass Effect and it never came to PS3? Oh wait it did come to PS3.

It was years after ME 1 launched on 360, wasn't it?

walsufnir said:
binary solo said:
JGarret said:
Wait, I thought SE was publishing...all this story has been very confusing and it should be simple.Is it exclusive...timed exclusive?..console exclusive?..no one is giving a straight answer and only now the scenario seems to be more clear, so if MS is indeed publishing it, I guess that rules out a PS4 version.

You mean like how MS published Mass Effect and it never came to PS3? Oh wait it did come to PS3.

Yes, but the fact remains a MS published game came to PS3, so you can't say that a MS published RTR means it won't come to PS4.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
walsufnir said:

Yes, but the fact remains a MS published game came to PS3, so you can't say that a MS published RTR means it won't come to PS4.

I guess after 6 years nobody doesn't care anymore.

walsufnir said:
binary solo said:
walsufnir said:

I guess after 6 years nobody doesn't care anymore.

And who says it will be 6 years? It was for ME, but that doesn't mean it would be for RTR.

Jimi Hendrix

Callum_Alexander said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Theyre not only funding it, theyre helping to develop it and advertising it.  Yes, theyre helping in development

binary solo said:

And who says it will be 6 years? It was for ME, but that doesn't mean it would be for RTR.

I think his point was that it took an extremely long time and by that point nobody really cared.  Not saying that is what is going to happen in this case but for now it looks like it could very possibly be just Xbox and PC

Phil Spencer just loves talking in codes doesn't he?