By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Publishing & Funding Tomb Raider, Similar to Dead Rising 3 Deal

JayWood2010 said:
  • fund·ing
  • [ fúnding ]
  1. money: financial support

Really, at my own game ?!

funding

1. Providing financial resources to finance a need, program, or project. In general, this term is used when a firm fills the need for cash from its own internal reserves, and the term 'financing' is used when the need is filled from external or borrowed money.

MS is not an integral part of the game development thus the term funding is misplaced. I insist, take notes from Phil: the term he used was spending.

JayWood2010 said:
Please just stop......I did not believe it was hard to understand this.

"this is not financial support, this is a temprary publishing deal for a game under developement."

Not SUPPORT, the game has been well into development since August 2013 and the deal is confirmed to have a limited duration.

Around the Network
DigitalDevilSummoner said:

LOL this isnt a game haha Youre having a hard time understanding what the meaning is though so you make up stuff like "integral part" haha Its like you are unaware that multiple parties can fund a project.  Im done here, this could go on for hours and you would still argue it, so go ahead and say whatever you want now, i will not be replying.  

JayWood2010 said:

you are unaware that multiple parties can fund a project.

Finance.

What kind of logic dectates that leaving out a partner in such a deal is in anything but not missleading ?!

About the "funding"; CD is not a freelance contractor, it's a subsidiary of SE. So it kinda does work as I implied.

And don't make me quote the dictionary definition of  "semantics". On a second thought let me give you mine: the devil is in the details.

Do you feel mislead? Maybe take a deeper look at yourself and think why you feel that way as opposed to lashing out at the thread creator.

And thanks, but I know CD isn't an independent developer. Much like Capcom Vancouver isn't independent either, they're a part of Capcom. Doesn't make you any less incorrect here.

Like Jay, I see trying to help you here is a lost cause, so I leave you to your semantics. Good luck on your thread title crusade, warrior.

LudicrousSpeed said:

so I leave you to your semantics. Good luck on your thread title crusade, warrior.

Why are you keep throwing that word around like it solves anything. Jay tricked everyone on these exact semantics:

Wright said:

I thought Square had said they were the ones publishing it? Goddamit, this deal is confusing.

The tweet speaks of "partnership", IGN still reports this as a Square published game and Jay made everyone scratch their heads.

NobleTeam360 said:
If MS is helping fund the game then I don't see how it could come to PS4. 

This isn't a Nintendo - Bayonetta 2 case . MS is not helping fund this game as it has been well into production since 2013. Phil didn't even refer to it as financing (which would be the appropriete term) his careful wording was "spend money on developement". But no Jay had to use "fund" to upgrade MS's role.

Around the Network

JayWood2010 said:
  • fund·ing
  • [ fúnding ]
  1. money: financial support

Really, at my own game ?!

funding

1. Providing financial resources to finance a need, program, or project. In general, this term is used when a firm fills the need for cash from its own internal reserves, and the term 'financing' is used when the need is filled from external or borrowed money.

MS is not an integral part of the game development thus the term funding is misplaced. I insist, take notes from Phil: the term he used was spending.

JayWood2010 said:
Please just stop......I did not believe it was hard to understand this.

"this is not financial support, this is a temprary publishing deal for a game under developement."

Not SUPPORT, the game has been well into development since August 2013 and the deal is confirmed to have a limited duration.

So, Square Enix and Cristal Dynamics get the Microsoft money and spend it in what?? Ice cream?

This thread has gone too far in the wrong direction. There's been no meaningful discussion going on at all, just people understanding words in a different way. Before people get banned, we've made a decision to lock this.

So, locking.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.