By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Publishing & Funding Tomb Raider, Similar to Dead Rising 3 Deal

JayWood2010 said:
DigitalDevilSummoner said:

So...

I was tricked into clicking on this thread to find this is nothing more an OP's wishful thinking; consciously misinterpreting a typically empty PR-esque response and making up a title that holds no ground.

Im pretty sure that is against the rules (shoot the messenger) but im not going to report you this time.    It isnt me consciosly doing anything.  Its exactly what was said. In fact i never even stated my opinion in the op.  Now if this game eventually makes it to PS, that is awesome for PS only gamers that refuse to play multiple consoles.  I really dont care,  Ill buy it on Xbox but if you refuse to then you can wait for it to come out on PC if you play PC games and maybe even PS if it comes there as well.  I dont care what you get it for to be honest, but drop the insults as im not planning on insulting you

I dont see what needs to be reported? You people are way too sensitive.This is the most sensitive board I have posted on.Where is the insult?

Also it has nothing to do with PS owners refusing to play multiple consoles when the game was originally announced for PS and people should expect the game to be released on the console that had the most fans.

Around the Network
GoldenGamer said:
JayWood2010 said:

I dont see what needs to be reported? You people are way too sensitive.This is the most sensitive board I have posted on.Where is the insult?

Also it has nothing to do with PS owners refusing to play multiple consoles when the game was originally announced for PS and people should expect the game to be released on the console that had the most fans.

Its simply against the rules to attack the OP because they posted it, in regards he shouldnt have talked about me in the first place.  Im not going to explain the rest.  VGC prefers to be a little more civil compared to places such as the YouTube comment section, Gamespot, or N4G.

And it was never announced for PS.  It was showcased at Xbox's E3 briefing and people assumed it was going to be on PS as well.  My guess is they were in negotiations at that time.

LOL I still don't see the attack.So VGC is against addressing a topic starter in discussion? Wow that goes against the point of discussion.The game had PS logo on the trailer amd a sequel shoukd be expected on the console that made it successful.

Fusioncode said:
starcraft said:
NintendoSupporter<3 said:
I don't give two fucks on whether it comes to PC or nah. I just want it on PS4.

Unfortunately that looks increasingly unlikely.

Boy you are really personally invested in this game staying exclusive aren't you?

And I find it funny how you ignored my last post which completely proved your theory wrong. Let me go ahead it and repost it for you. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6583718

I hope that clears things up buddy. 

Investment? Why? There is simply no announcement of this game for PS4 or indication there will be. Restating that when people say otherwise does not represent an investment.

Unfortunately your propensity to follow me around these forums means I am going to struggle to get back to everything you post. However, reading through the surrounding posts to the one you've linked, it appears I typed franchise there in error, as I was speaking about the 'game' both before and after with others who have a less aggressive posting style

No need for it really, we can all be friends here!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Also it seems like if you don't like what someone says you can just flag them.More like censorship than sivility.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Fusioncode said:
starcraft said:

Unfortunately that looks increasingly unlikely.

Boy you are really personally invested in this game staying exclusive aren't you?

And I find it funny how you ignored my last post which completely proved your theory wrong. Let me go ahead it and repost it for you. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6583718

Investment? Why? There is simply no announcement of this game for PS4 or indication there will be. Restating that when people say otherwise does not represent an investment.

Unfortunately your propensity to follow me around these forums means I am going to struggle to get back to everything you post. However, reading through the surrounding posts to the one you've linked, it appears I typed franchise there in error, as I was speaking about the 'game' both before and after with others who have a less aggressive posting style

Who said we're not friends? I just like debating with you! It's not my fault we happen to post in the same threads but with very different viewpoints. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:

Who said we're not friends? I just like debating with you! It's not my fault we happen to post in the same threads but with very different viewpoints. 

Fair enough, a misunderstanding on my part then

Well, allow me to reiterate that (whilst I cannot recall my exact intent), I seem to have subbed in the word 'franchise' for the word 'game' in error in that specific instance! My mistake sorry.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

pbroy said:
If you guys keep whining, M$ will just feed off your tears and just say "fuck it, we bought full exclusive now. Just like Titanfall" I wouldn't put it past them. Every last tear that they can squeeze out is worth the money. I hope they do too, because I love seeing people in misery

Personally, I wouldn't care if they buy it at this point. Not really interested in the game anymore, anyway. Just as I wouldn't be for any game from a company that gave the middle finger to the vast majority of  their fans.  Though, I will be there to enjoy CD and SE's tears when they realize they have greatly weakened, maybe even killed, the TR franchise, again.

I mean this isn't like EA, where they bet on the wrong horse before the race started, this is betting on the wrong horse after its fallen behind and has no chance to catch up, just cause the owner of the horse helped put money towards a fraction of the bet. To make it worse, the horse you normally bet on not only always comes through for you, but has already taken a commanding lead before you even placed the bet.  

The middle finger comes from the fact that you are announcing that your loyalty to your fans can be be bought by any company with a large enough bag of money.  For this, i hope PS4/PC owners give them the finger back.  And fortunately, 2014 is going to be last year you're to be seeing great moneyhats from MS.  With the PS4 lead growing every week, that hat is going to be quite large to do something like this, again. And with MS losing money on the One, and investors slowly getting more vocal about their displeasure with Xbox, that hat MS allows the Xbox division to use is going to get smaller.

JayWood2010 said:

So...

I was tricked into clicking on this thread to find this is nothing more an OP's wishful thinking; consciously misinterpreting a typically empty PR-esque response and making up a title that holds no ground.

Im pretty sure that is against the rules (shoot the messenger) but im not going to report you this time.    It isnt me consciosly doing anything.  Its exactly what was said. In fact i never even stated my opinion in the op.  Now if this game eventually makes it to PS, that is awesome for PS only gamers that refuse to play multiple consoles.  I really dont care,  Ill buy it on Xbox but if you refuse to then you can wait for it to come out on PC if you play PC games and maybe even PS if it comes there as well.  I dont care what you get it for to be honest, but drop the insults as im not planning on insulting you

Let me make this very clear: I am calling you out for the OP you wrote.

MS is not publishing the game and they don't hold exclusive publishing rights anyway since they own neither this particular IP nor the franchise. That's all SE.

Saying "funding" is paraphrasing. What Phil said is PR smoke and mirrors to begin with: "definitely be spending money on developing the game" means jack squat, the development is all CD, making a sequel to a 6.5 million seller and the financing is SE, a profitable company. Saying you are spending money for developing a game that is under development is bullshit to the face of every gamer that actually bought the original game.

Similar to DR means nothing. And you based a whole thread on this very vague but very calculated -on Phil's part- term.

similar
/ˈsɪmɪlə/
adjective
adjective: similar
having a resemblance in appearance, character, or quantity, without being identical.

DR is not a franchise of the same magnitude with the Tomb Raider franchise especially after the reboot. So bringing up the two in an analogy is a mute point.

To sum up, since MS owns about nothing, the real question Phil has so masterfully dodged is extremely simple: does the deal with Square involve a term saying that the game will not make an appearance on the PS4 for the entirety of the game's life ?

Because if we recall MS also very vigorously avoided answering a such question for Titanfall for months until late 2013 when EA specifically noted TF will not be on PS4 "for the life of the title".

Until Phil or SE says something like this for Rise, the game will come out on other platforms.

JayWood2010 said:

So youre angry that my title is what he said and you refuse to believe it because you would rather believe something else and instead are angry with me for making such a thread?  Ok