By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Publishing & Funding Tomb Raider, Similar to Dead Rising 3 Deal

DigitalDevilSummoner said:
JayWood2010 said:

“Right now we have a relationship with Square and Crystal on publishing the game,” Spencer confirmed. “The exact details of what publishing means and when it gets done are part of that deal - I’m not trying to be opaque about it. We will clearly spend money on marketing the game, there’s no doubt about that. And we do [that] on games where we have very little to do with development, and with games that we fully develop. And we will definitely be spending money on developing the game - I want to make sure that it’s as great as it can be.”

Important notes would be theyre publishing the game though details are not being revealed.  Microsoft is also spending money to develop the game (funding for short) and theyre advertising the game as well.  Now you can continue to act as if none of this is true, im fine with that, but im not pulling things out of thin air

Around the Network

its simple its exclusive till the deal runs out then its up to cd to do what ever they want with it. when the deal is done or stipulationsa re met then cd can the chose put it on other platforms then its up to them to put the money up for it.  

walsufnir said:
Sony-For-Life said:
walsufnir said:
Sony-For-Life said:
Some games that are single player only and aren't exclusive I buy on my PC and the rest on my PS4, your point?

PC versions are mostly always superior to console counterparts so the reason to have a PS4 is mainly exclusives.

Well i like to play my games on the big screen and with ease! if u know what i mean and i also preffer a controller in my hands rather than a mouse and a keyboard!

So you have a kick-ass PC and don't spend money on a 360 controller (or whatever controller you like)? Also nowadays GPUs have hdmi out so... Why do you even spend money on a kick ass PC?

IDK man are u PC gamer? u cant turn it on wirelessly u cant start your games with a controller! u cant put a disk in there and be done with it, yeah im using my DS4 and using an xinput emulator with it so i have a virtual x360 controller for the games i play in my PC but cause of the things i just said i still preffer to play most of the games on my PS4, games that are multiplatfrom and single player only i play on my PC and games like Titanfall wich are not available on PS4.

Add me if u want :)

The Fury said:

Basic logic, you don't think they rebuild an entire game every time they make a sequel do you?

Imagine that. "Alright guys, we finished that game, delete the files and lets start on the sequel."

In other words your own opinion based on no facts. Thanks.

And the last TR game was made on last gen hardware. Of course development will be tougher, longer, and more expensive than the typical sequel.

LudicrousSpeed said:
The Fury said:

Basic logic, you don't think they rebuild an entire game every time they make a sequel do you?

Imagine that. "Alright guys, we finished that game, delete the files and lets start on the sequel."

And the last TR game was made on last gen hardware. Of course development will be tougher, longer, and more expensive than the typical sequel.

What are you talking about? Last TR was both on last and current gen, exactly the same as will the next one be.

Around the Network
Burek said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
The Fury said:

What are you talking about? Last TR was both on last and current gen, exactly the same as will the next one be.

It was ported to next gen, I know that. Thanks.

You are welcome.

JayWood2010 said:

“Right now we have a relationship with Square and Crystal on publishing the game,” Spencer confirmed. “The exact details of what publishing means and when it gets done are part of that deal - I’m not trying to be opaque about it. We will clearly spend money on marketing the game, there’s no doubt about that. And we do [that] on games where we have very little to do with development, and with games that we fully develop. And we will definitely be spending money on developing the game - I want to make sure that it’s as great as it can be.”

Important notes would be theyre publishing the game though details are not being revealed.  Microsoft is also spending money to develop the game (funding for short) and theyre advertising the game as well.  Now you can continue to act as if none of this is true, im fine with that, but im not pulling things out of thin air

Yep, that's the part I have already quoted 3 times. Thanks for catching up.

Your OP title is still a biased joke: "Microsoft Publishing". No, MS is not publishing and whether details are revealed in the Kotaku piece or not, we know Phil said they partnered up to publish and there is always the DR 3 analogy where MS also did NOT publish on their own but it was MS and Capcom.

On the develpment thing, we will always have Square's confirmation that they were well into development in August 2013. So of course the completely diplomatic "spending money to develop" does not equal funding !

So, if a mod is kind enough to update the OP with Jay's additions:

Microsoft Publishing ( details are not being revealed ) & spending money to develop the game , Similar to Dead Rising 3 Deal

*facepalm* ugh -_______-  Spending money on developement is funding but ok Partnering to publish with SE.  SE owns Tomb Raider, MSFT publishing, of course its partnering. I dont find that difficult to understand

Microsoft did publish DR3 though. Crapcom is handling Japan and PC.

And spending money on development is funding the game. To say otherwise is semantics, and weak semantics at that.