By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Publishing & Funding Tomb Raider, Similar to Dead Rising 3 Deal

thismeintiel said:
pbroy said:
If you guys keep whining, M$ will just feed off your tears and just say "fuck it, we bought full exclusive now. Just like Titanfall" I wouldn't put it past them. Every last tear that they can squeeze out is worth the money. I hope they do too, because I love seeing people in misery

Personally, I wouldn't care if they buy it at this point. Not really interested in the game anymore, anyway. Just as I wouldn't be for any game from a company that gave the middle finger to the vast majority of  their fans.  Though, I will be there to enjoy CD and SE's tears when they realize they have greatly weakened, maybe even killed, the TR franchise, again.

I mean this isn't like EA, where they bet on the wrong horse before the race started, this is betting on the wrong horse after its fallen behind and has no chance to catch up, just cause the owner of the horse helped put money towards a fraction of the bet. To make it worse, the horse you normally bet on not only always comes through for you, but has already taken a commanding lead before you even placed the bet.  

The middle finger comes from the fact that you are announcing that your loyalty to your fans can be be bought by any company with a large enough bag of money.  For this, i hope PS4/PC owners give them the finger back.  And fortunately, 2014 is going to be last year you're to be seeing great moneyhats from MS.  With the PS4 lead growing every week, that hat is going to be quite large to do something like this, again. And with MS losing money on the One, and investors slowly getting more vocal about their displeasure with Xbox, that hat MS allows the Xbox division to use is going to get smaller.

Good man! I respect people like you, who stand strong by their principles. Down with The Man! You should start a Tomb Raider boycott PS4/PC thread, I'll support it.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
The Fury said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
They needed to sell millions of the last one just to make a profit. No telling what costs they were incurring for the sequel and if they needed help or not. MS helping to fund the game makes it pretty apparent this is more than a typical moneyhat deal.

Less, seriously they've got the resources made already, engine and gameplay is done, characters models done (maybe update them a little but still). Why do you think it usually takes game developers 2-3 years to make a game first time around and then they are able to churn out 1 or 2 sequels in about 1-2 years?

That's awesome, source?

JayWood2010 said:
DigitalDevilSummoner said:
JayWood2010 said:

So youre angry that my title is what he said and you refuse to believe it because you would rather believe something else and instead are angry with me for making such a thread?  Ok

Well you did dodge my calling you out twice, so if anything I do have a sneaking suspicion you don't know what paraphrasing means: You are using different words to rephrase Phil's statement, altering the meaning in the process.

Similar does not mean identical and Phil specifically used this word. So "publishing" is just you and the "funding" part is also just you.

MS does't have exclusive publishing rights and they are not co-developing the game. Until they come out and say the game will NOT be on the PS4"for the life of the title", the game will be on the PS4.

LudicrousSpeed said:
The Fury said:

Less, seriously they've got the resources made already, engine and gameplay is done, characters models done (maybe update them a little but still). Why do you think it usually takes game developers 2-3 years to make a game first time around and then they are able to churn out 1 or 2 sequels in about 1-2 years?

That's awesome, source?

Basic logic, you don't think they rebuild an entire game every time they make a sequel do you?

Imagine that. "Alright guys, we finished that game, delete the files and lets start on the sequel."

Hmm, pie.

JayWood2010 said:

im aware of what paraphasing means.  

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
JayWood2010 said:

im aware of what paraphasing means.

Evidently you know the act, I was wandering if you are acquainted with the term.

MS is NOT publishing TR, because (even going sorely by Phil's tweet) MS did not publish DR; MS and Capcom published DR.

Also MS funded DR3 because it was crucial to the game's development since the predecessor only did 2.2 million copies. "we're not going to start even speaking about DR3 until we see the sales of DR2" Keiji Inafune. TR on the other hand managed a 6.5 million copies and the sequel's development was confirmed as far as August 1st 2013 by Phil Rogers, Square Enix' Western CEO withOUT MS's involvement whatsoever.

For the 3rd time the title is inaccurate/ made up/ wishful thinking.

JayWood2010 said:

MOst of what you say has no base.  YOure telling me that im the one with wishful thinking when i didnt really say anything.  And here you are telling me that MSFT isnt publishing it when Phil Spencer himself said MSFT is partnering with SE to publish it.  Lets be clear on this, you do not know more than Phil Spencer (the head of xbox).  You are a fan.  And to be very clear IM, as in ME, is not saying its published by MSFT,  Phil Spencer the Head of Xbox said that.  Unless you know something that he doesnt you cant say they arent.  Maybe details will come out later that SE is publishing it, but for this moment in time from what we know it is indeed being published by microsoft just as Dead Rising 3 and Ryse were published by Microsoft.  

PS - Square Enix has stated publicly they werent happy with Tomb Raider 2013's sales before http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-17-tomb-raider-finally-achieved-profitability-by-the-end-of-last-year

From what ive gathered on you, youre stating accusations which points at you having wishful thinking much more than me

JayWood2010 said:

YOure telling me that im the one with wishful thinking when i didnt really say anything.

Phil said they are partners with SE in publishing. You said MS is publishing.

"Similar" means nothing since we don't know where the similarity starts and where it ends.

And although Phil used his words more wisely than your "funding": And we will definitely be spending money on developing the game, none of that mean jack squat when the game was confirmed being under development as early as August 2013 by SE. So calling it funding is deliberately misleading.

YOu can believe whatever you want, that does not bother me.  But leave me out of it is all im asking.  YOu can read what Phil Spencer said in the tweet and in the interview and after that you can choose what you want to and dont want to believe

JayWood2010 said:

YOu can believe whatever you want, that does not bother me.  But leave me out of it is all im asking.  YOu can read what Phil Spencer said in the tweet and in the interview and after that you can choose what you want to and dont want to believe

The tweet reads: "Happy 2 partner w/ SE/CD to publish RotTR similiar 2 what we did on Dead Rising"

As I pointed out already Phil says they partnered up with SE to publish TR. You said MS is publishing, which is a lie. DR3's publishing routine further proves this.

The funding part is out of thin air but I gave you the courtesy of attributing to Phil's Kotaku interview. Either way, a game confirmed being in development as early as August 2013 by SE themselves disproves the funding claim.