By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Publishing & Funding Tomb Raider, Similar to Dead Rising 3 Deal

I thought Square had said they were the ones publishing it? Goddamit, this deal is confusing.

Around the Network
Wright said:

I thought Square had said they were the ones publishing it? Goddamit, this deal is confusing.

Clearly it's a secret to everyone on what is going on with this game.

The plot thickens.

So XBO first, PC later? Sounds reasonable, if an odd move by SE

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

pbroy said:
If you guys keep whining, M$ will just feed off your tears and just say "fuck it, we bought full exclusive now. Just like Titanfall" I wouldn't put it past them. Every last tear that they can squeeze out is worth the money. I hope they do too, because I love seeing people in misery

Lol, you can be really evil, you know that?

Scoobes said:
pbroy said:
If you guys keep whining, M$ will just feed off your tears and just say "fuck it, we bought full exclusive now. Just like Titanfall" I wouldn't put it past them. Every last tear that they can squeeze out is worth the money. I hope they do too, because I love seeing people in misery

Lol, you can be really evil, you know that?

I cried for my Dreamcast. Everyone else must feel my pain

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
The real issue isn't that MS gave them money for timed exclusivity, it's that MS deliberately gave the impression that it was completely exclusive to the XB1.

Yes they clearly gave that impression by confirming the deal has a duration. aka an end. aka not completely exclusive to Xbone.

And even if they did, what else would a company do? You don't strike a deal with a game that big only to confirm for everyone that its a limited time exclusive. It defeats the whole purpose. You want people to want the game bad enough to buy your console. You kill that by confirming when/if it's coming to exactly what other consoles.

It's no different than when MS pays for CoD marketing and it only shows/says Xbox platforms. Or Sony with Watch Dogs/Destiny.

LudicrousSpeed said:

Pretty much this.  It isnt suppose to be pro-gamer.  No exclusive ever is suppose to be pro-gamer.  Its suppose to be pro-xbox, Pro-PS, Pro-WiiU, etc.  That is the point of an exclusive.

Either way it is a curious deal that could be big for MSFT. Im certainly excited to play it.  Im ready to see some gameplay though

NintendoSupporter<3 said:
I don't give two fucks on whether it comes to PC or nah. I just want it on PS4.

Unfortunately that looks increasingly unlikely.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:

As I said in the other thread, it is a 50:50 chance, and nothing yet has been said to increase the unlikeliness. 

It is just normal for most people to be optimistic and hope that it will become available for their console of choice, and very sad that some people find pleasure in hoping that it will not.

Burek said:
starcraft said:

As I said in the other thread, it is a 50:50 chance, and nothing yet has been said to increase the unlikeliness. 

It is just normal for most people to be optimistic and hope that it will become available for their console of choice, and very sad that some people find pleasure in hoping that it will not.

Thats unfair. Perhaps the OP is looking at making purchasing decisions based on the destination of the game? You pull 50-50 figures out of thin air.

Based on what is announced it remains possible, but unlikely the game will come to PS4.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS