By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Publishing & Funding Tomb Raider, Similar to Dead Rising 3 Deal

arcane_chaos said:

actually you can purchase ME1 seperately via PSN

first time i know about that. i guess that happened after the triology releaed though? 

eh, it not like it matters much now.

Around the Network

So Microsoft is doing some funding,then yeah like Dead Rising 3, that confirms it will only come out to PC after 360/XB1 versions. Good for PC users though

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Some of you really fall for PR.

They gave money to secure the exclusive (timed or otherwise). They can say it was for whatever they want. In the end all they did was give them money.

From Tombraider.tumbler.com (Officially from Squares Enix)

"Phil Spencer’s Eurogamer interview in which he confirmed that the exclusivity is timed."  

Nobody is saying only on the Xbox family and PC.  Qualifiers like similar are being used, because it's not the same.  Questions are being dodged, because they feel a straight answer wouldn't be in their best interest.  Otherwise they would just come out and say it's an EXCLUSIVE that will never come to Playstation.

Josiah said:

They gave money to secure the exclusive (timed or otherwise). They can say it was for whatever they want. In the end all they did was give them money.

You'd think they'd know not to believe a word from MS. SE is publishing the game, period.

Josiah said:

I dont think anybody is falling for anything.  MSFT gave them money.  Perks we know of includes, help in developement, funding, Publishing, and  advertising.  Phil Spencer said that.  Those are perks and thats how business works, or a partnership, whatever you want to call it.  

Around the Network

Well they're "funding" it for their platform and after that SE will fund the rest for other platforms. I guess they didn't want to pay anything to have it on X1^^

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

It amazes me how easily people fall for Microsoft's PR talk. The game is a timed exclusive and it is coming to PlayStation 4 and PC after "Holiday 2015", which means it could be released as soon as January 2016 for the other platforms. I'm not sure how Americans define "holiday". Is it Winter or is it just Christmas?

Dead Rising was used as an example as Ryse can no longer be seen as a "Microsoft exclusive" after Crytek's recent comments regarding the possibility of it coming to other platforms due to them owning the ip. I imagine the same could be said of Dead Rising, but Capcom haven't revealed any intention of taking the property elsewhere. Then "similar" was used instead of "same", with full knowledge that people would not bother to distinguish the difference between the two words. As an example, Sunset Overdrive is not the same as Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, however it could be said that they are similar. Microsoft's deal with Square is similar in that they are handing over a lot of money, but it is not the same as the game will not be exclusive to their platform for any meaningful period of time.

Callum_Alexander said:

It amazes me how easily people fall for Microsoft's PR talk. The game is a timed exclusive and it is coming to PlayStation 4 and PC after "Holiday 2015", which means it could be released as soon as January 2016 for the other platforms. I'm not sure how Americans define "holiday". Is it Winter or is it just Christmas?

Dead Rising was used as an example as Ryse can no longer be seen as a "Microsoft exclusive" after Crytek's recent comments regarding the possibility of it coming to other platforms due to them owning the ip. I imagine the same could be said of Dead Rising, but Capcom haven't revealed any intention of taking the property elsewhere. Then "similar" was used instead of "same", with full knowledge that people would not bother to distinguish the difference between the two words. As an example, Sunset Overdrive is not the same as Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, however it could be said that they are similar. Microsoft's deal with Square is similar in that they are handing over a lot of money, but it is not the same as the game will not be exclusive to their platform for any meaningful period of time.

Some retailers consider January as part of the previous years holiday.  My bet is February.

no, 6 months. "Definitive edition" on PC and PS4. (which I hope nobody buys)

Can't really trust Microsoft's PR on anything. They also said that Kinect will never be removed, that Dead Rising is never coming to PC...

I guess "never" in Microsoft's dictionary is 6-9 months.
Looking forward to Rise of the Tomb Raider in June 2016.