By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Xbox One Will Have a 10 Million Lead over Wii U by the. End of 2015

Rol would be proud of you, Toast.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

keep fighting the good fight

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

eva01beserk said:

6.5m? now your using shiped and not sold numbers. MS can ship all they want, but it should not count into this, so its at 5m acording to vgchartz. 8m max at the end of this year. Wii U will keep that 2m gap on the x1 this year.

What are you talking about? Im using sold.  XBO is at 5m.  3m for 2013 and 2m for 2014.  That would be 4.5m for the next 4 1/2 months.

For me it depends on Smash Bros/MK vs Multiplat/MCC/Sunset Overdrive/Forza.  I mean WiiU is selling only 10k more than XBO a week now when WiiU has its biggest game out which is MK and being released worldwide.  XBO's biggest game wont be out til next year which is Halo 5 but it does have other big games coming this year like MCC. I mean right now its MK vs XBO's biggest exclusive, a new ip, titanfall. And before you meantion world wide, lets just say in the 30 countries or whatever number XBO is releasing in in september only adds 500 extra consoles a week per country.  Thats 500 x 30 which is 15k a week.  See what im saying?

Toast are you the guy posting XB1 spam and conspiracy theories under the name "Truth" on my blog? lol

Also, this holiday may be a bloodbath with the XB1 on the receiving end of two beatings.

Lol 7 million between now and dec 31st not a chance

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
DucksUnlimited said:

PS4: 10.5m - 5.5m(YTD) = 5m for the rest of the year

XB1: 6.5m - 2m(YTD) = 4.5m for the rest of the year

Interesting. So you think the Xbox One and PS4 will sell roughly the same for the rest of the year? That would mean X1 sales would be more than double what they have been so far this year, yet PS4 sales would be less than its current YTD.

i think it can range from 1-3m.  Thats why i have max/low numbers usually.  I think the difference can be much less than what they were for the first 9 months though.  I think Sunset Overdrive, Halo MCC, CoD Bundle, Introduction to new territories, and Forza Horizon will do well for X1 making it much more even, ps4 to outsell it overall but much more even.

Of course I could be way wrong but that is what i predicted off the top of my head (More so ps4 since i made a more thought out prediction for 2014 on WIiU/XBO a few months ago)

If the PS4 wasn't also going to be getting things to increase its sales then maybe you would've had a point. If the PS4 continued to sell roughly the same as it has this whole year and got no holiday boost it would sell ~4-4.5m, so 5m with Holidays, Destiny bundle, LBP3, Driveclub, Far Cry 4 marketing, etc is extremely pessimistic and simply not realistic. Your Xb1 numbers certainly can happen, but a 2.5 times YTD boost in the last 4 months is definitely out of the ordinary for non-Nintendo consoles.

This just seems like another case of "predictions" really just being a wishlist.

DucksUnlimited said:
JayWood2010 said:

If the PS4 continued to sell roughly the same as it has this whole year and got no holiday boost it would sell ~4-4.5m, so 5m with Holidays, 

That is a good point.  As i said before it was off the top of my head.  WiiU/XBO i made a real prediction months ago looking through data.  Not trying to be pessimistic or making a wishlist.  

Nintendo can easily keep second place....ESPECI

Actually guys I kind of agree with Toast here, to a certain extent. Xbox does have some heat coming that will solidify their running and keeping the gap between them and Wii U that much larger. Not to count Nintendo out as we are expecting a fruitful holiday from them. Heck they may actually take the holiday sales, so the Xbox closing the gap will be that much harder.

While I don't think it will be 10 million, I do think that Halo 5 and others will widen it. Unfortunately for Xbox, Nintendo will make it hard for them to widen it with the promised titles coming their way next year. I have to say that all 3 will have giant games coming next year. I can't imagine how NPD is going to be.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

XBOX will be lucky if it's even in second place by that time frame.