By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's Jim Ryan interview: 'We don't need to buy exclusivity'

HBninjaX said:
Hahahahahaha!

Bloodborne says hi

Didn't read the entire thread at all I see?

Bloodborne is equivilent of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commission_(art)

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:

There is no implying when you have a shot like this:

Nobody would think this is also on another system. People would think PS4 exclusive content, otherwise PS3 version.

Not naming the existence for other game systems makes it appear as PS exclusive to most people out there.

That's nothing new, that's advertising. I don't think once I saw a FIFA 14 advert last year that finished with all consoles it could be on, just Xbone.

... also, what is that video anyway?

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
walsufnir said:

Nobody would think this is also on another system. People would think PS4 exclusive content, otherwise PS3 version.

Not naming the existence for other game systems makes it appear as PS exclusive to most people out there.

That's nothing new, that's advertising. I don't think once I saw a FIFA 14 advert last year that finished with all consoles it could be on, just Xbone.

... also, what is that video anyway?

In Germany you could think Fifa is only on Playstation. And I didn't say it's new in any way. But it's bad, in my opinion as this is intentionally deceiving customers (and yes, both MS and Sony do that, I am aware of this).

And I don't need to buy a PlayStation 4 ;)

User was warned for this post. - Viper.

TheTwilightTriforce said:

Exactly. Thousands of others are doing it every week instead

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
TheTwilightTriforce said:

Exactly. Thousands of others are doing it every week instead

As long as I must not buy one I am fine with it ;)

walsufnir said:

In Germany you could think Fifa is only on Playstation. And I didn't say it's new in any way. But it's bad, in my opinion as this is intentionally deceiving customers (and yes, both MS and Sony do that, I am aware of this).

That is up to the company paying for the adverts though. These FIFA 14 adverts (and in turn presumably the Sony one's in Germany) are paid for by MS (or Sony).

I mean you even get adverts that end with 'Available at GAME' or even 'Asda' or something, in other words that company paid for the advert not the publisher. Decieving? Maybe, but good business for the publisher.

Hmm, pie.

Burek said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
''We don't buy exclusivity ''

they just did this with Dreamfall Chapters though. It was scheduled for Wii U and PC and then now its console exclusive to PS4 lol

It's still coming to PC. And from what I read, they delayed WiiU version themselves.Because it makes no sense for Sony to pay to keep it off WiiU, it's not like they're competing against each other.

the denial is strong here.

The Fury said:
walsufnir said:

That is up to the company paying for the adverts though. These FIFA 14 adverts (and in turn presumably the Sony one's in Germany) are paid for by MS (or Sony).

I mean you even get adverts that end with 'Available at GAME' or even 'Asda' or something, in other words that company paid for the advert not the publisher. Decieving? Maybe, but good business for the publisher.

Maybe? This is definitely deceiving and in my opinion such advertising is way more worth than buying DLC for a game. TV ads reach millions of people who are not well informed like we are. With these deceiving ads you can easily make people decide for a specific platform.

walsufnir said:
BMaker11 said:

All it said was "60 minutes of exclusive gameplay only on PS4". If this game was a PS4 exclusive (or was meant to make people think that), that wouldn't be 60 minutes of exclusive gameplay....it'd just be "gameplay" since no other versions would be out to compare it to what's "exclusive to PS4".

That little blip at the end implies other versions exist, but only on PS4 do you get the bonus content.

Honestly, I don't think it matters if nobody would think it was also on another system. You may say that it's deceiving because it "claims exclusivity by omission of other versions"....but the advert never at any time says "this game is only on PS4". All it really says is that this is a game you can play on PS4 and the PS4 has exclusive content.

In an age where 95% of games are multiplatform, is there no longer any wonder to a game being on multiple systems just because only one console is mentioned at the end of an ad? If people saw this ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6n5lDaZAMk, would they think it wasn't on any consoles, since none were mentioned? Or maybe they'll think it's exclusive to XBone because of this: http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7rVF/gamestop-xbox-one-madden-nfl-15-bundle-future-deluxe-stadium or this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l97GSO_0hrE with no mention of other consoles??